New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if there's no grinding noise, then it's not hurting the trans..., right?

.. in this context only...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if there's no grinding noise, then it's not hurting the trans..., right?

.. in this context only...
    Yup.

Clutchless shifting is a useful skill to learn. The skill in timing your shifts and rev-matching developed by practicing this also helps you to shift smoother with the clutch, leading to longer clutch life.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    eto yung video. Pinoy yan!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    ang clutch po ay nilagay para makambyo natin ang sasakyan... kaya kung hindi mo gagamitin masisira lang ang sasakyan mo.... Cs po

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Never really knew that it's possible to shift to neutral until tonight, accidentally. I thought of it previously but never tried. Clutchless shifting is another matter though.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    Never really knew that it's possible to shift to neutral until tonight, accidentally. I thought of it previously but never tried. Clutchless shifting is another matter though.
    Just rev match to shift into your desired gear. First saw this on Top Gear many years back, been using it as a party trick whenever someone rides my car ever since.

Bad for the synchros of your transmission, but pretty cool trick every now and then, and very useful skill to learn if you ever have to deal with a broken clutch.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just rev match to shift into your desired gear. First saw this on Top Gear many years back, been using it as a party trick whenever someone rides my car ever since.

Bad for the synchros of your transmission, but pretty cool trick every now and then, and very useful skill to learn if you ever have to deal with a broken clutch.

So how would you know its time to shift? Does it vary in every gear and car type? Or is there a standard rpm?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Ginagawa to ng tito ko sa nangangalawang na niyang pick up. Yung pang harabas. HAHHAA

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    So how would you know its time to shift? Does it vary in every gear and car type? Or is there a standard rpm?
    Yes it varies per gear and car.

You have to memorize your car's rpm per gear at any given speed.

For example, you're in second gear at 40 kph at 3000 rpm. You let go of the throttle, slide the shifter back to neutral, then you have to rev match it to the exact rpm that would match 40 kph in 3rd gear. This is likely be 2000 rpm, so you step on the gas a bit to get the revs up to 2000 rpm, then you stick the shifter into 3rd gear.

Rinse and repeat for any gear.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thank you for explaining. Won't use it anytime soon though. Wala pang pangpractice na car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12