1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Some say these rituals are good, some say its bad:

1. Using engine flush

2. Blowing compressed air in the crank case to further remove the old oil

What are your thoughts?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use engine flush only during the first 1,000km of a newly overhauled engine. Some say blowing air in your engine adds moisture to your oil, but with an 11 liter oil capacity of a TD42 engine, I think this would be negligible.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir alfred...11 liters nilalagay mo?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use engine flush when changing oil brands or when I neglect to change my oil every 3 months. This ensures that any old oil deposits are removed from the engine. I don't see any advantages or disanvantages of blowing compressed air in the crankcase.???????

IMO you should use engine flush when moving from different types/grades of motor oil (e.g. mineral to synthetic, 10w30 to 5w50). Word of warning to don't go back to mineral once you've switched to synthetic cuz it might cause leaks to the gaskets.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    i use regular motor oil to flush out the old oil. i change oil every 5,000 kms. i don't blow compressed air into the engine as possibility of moisture entering the engine is quite high.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by fenderbender
    Some say these rituals are good, some say its bad:

1. Using engine flush

2. Blowing compressed air in the crank case to further remove the old oil

What are your thoughts?
    1. depende sa kung ano gagamitin mo...never use kerosene-based na pang flush...use mineral-based oil na pang flush, in other words "flushing oil "...this "flushing oil " contains detergents and dispersants(also present in you usual engine oil) which remove gunk and build ups in you engine...

2. if you are goin to do this be sure that the service center uses air filter...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Using those "5 Min" engine flushes are said to be harmful due to its strong composition of chemicals that may harm the seals and even cause pitting and corrosion. ITs better to flush with cheap oil or "flushin oil" (i.e. Caltex Power Flushing Oil). If you change the oil regularly (i.e. every 5,000km) theres not need to use engine flush really.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Someone told me na if you use synthetic dati then you change it to mineral pwede magkaroon nang leak ang gasket mo.

Tama ba ito?

I have a leak na sa gasket ko 'coz i change my oil to mineral base.

Ano ba solusyon dito balik ako synthetic or kailangan na palit gasket?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Change Oil