New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Mga Sir, for discussion purpose lang po.

ask ko lang kung ang PMS ay regular na sa CASA pinapagawa, and during PMS inspection meron na overlooked na part.

Ex. ung serpentine belt pala ay meron ng mga crack at dapat ng palitan

Pero hindi nakita ng during PMS inspection, and during your drive ay nag fail ung part, pwede mo ba balikan ung casa at mag complain.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Pano mo prove na overlook yung example mo? What if pagkalabas ng casa after pms dun nagcrack. Dapat check with your SA lahat ng ginawa during that pms period,tapos lahat ng pinalitan ibabalik sayo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    The purpose of having a PMS is to ensure the parts of your vehicle are in good condition and will not fail under normal operating/driving conditions until your next PMS.

If the item in question is part of the PMS checklist and it still it failed after conduct of the PMS then the casa should be liable. But again you must establish the fact that your car is being or has been driven only in normal conditions.

Wear and tear parts are another story since these are not part of the car's warranty but still should be checked as stated in the PMS checklist.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nope. Sorry. :/

Example, during my PMS, I didn't tell casa to look at the suspension. I just assumed that kasama yun sa PMS.
    Lo and behold, when I wanted to change tires and pinacheck ko yun suspension parts outside sa casa (yun mga may display na rims na shops). Sira na pala yun shocks, tie rods etc.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    That is why owners should always check the PMS check items and their schedule in the service booklet provided to them.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Nope. Sorry. :/

Example, during my PMS, I didn't tell casa to look at the suspension. I just assumed that kasama yun sa PMS.
    Lo and behold, when I wanted to change tires and pinacheck ko yun suspension parts outside sa casa (yun mga may display na rims na shops). Sira na pala yun shocks, tie rods etc.
    ito nga un punto ko, the reason why I prefer, to have my car PMS in a casa, pero kung meron sila ma overlook e parang kasalanan ko pa kasi hindi ko sinabi, hindi naman ako mekaniko at newbie pa din ako sa driving kaya umaasa lang ako sa finding ng casa kung meron bang dapat i-repair or replace sa car ko.

bottom line what the point of having your car pms in a casa if hindi mo sila pwede balikan sa pms na hindi nila nagawa, casa pms is not cheap pero sulit ka ba sa service na makukuha mo.