New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    dati caltex lang tlga ang ikinakarga ko. wen we got our bmw, filling it up w/ vortex silver caused its idling to swing bet 1500 and 1000 rpm continuously during cold start up. i tot dat d 93 octane was too low dats why d idling was erratic (d sticker on d fuel flap kac recommended 98 octane). i switched 2 vortex gold since dis was caltex' top gasoline but d problem persisted during cold start ups. it was only wen i switched 2 shell velocity dat d problem was eliminated. d idle would start up high and gradually move down d scale until it reaches around 800 rpm. duno ang diff ng vortex gold and shell velocity, pareho lang naman na 95 octane silang dalawa. nevertheless, i stayed na wid shell and dun na lhat karga mga auto namin wether gas or diesel

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I also use total but using green for diesel and black for unleaded always gets me confused. minsa nagkarga ako ng halftank unleaded. ginawa ko top up ng diesel. hehe. erratic idle ko pero di naman ako tinirik. tapos tuwing kaya add ng diesel. buti nalang ok engine ko

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Originally posted by momoyster
    dati caltex lang tlga ang ikinakarga ko. wen we got our bmw, filling it up w/ vortex silver caused its idling to swing bet 1500 and 1000 rpm continuously during cold start up. i tot dat d 93 octane was too low dats why d idling was erratic (d sticker on d fuel flap kac recommended 98 octane). i switched 2 vortex gold since dis was caltex' top gasoline but d problem persisted during cold start ups. it was only wen i switched 2 shell velocity dat d problem was eliminated. d idle would start up high and gradually move down d scale until it reaches around 800 rpm. duno ang diff ng vortex gold and shell velocity, pareho lang naman na 95 octane silang dalawa. nevertheless, i stayed na wid shell and dun na lhat karga mga auto namin wether gas or diesel
    y not use petron blaze... 96 ata octane non. so much closer to the 98 requirement of yur BM

suhestion lng po

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had problems with my ECHO before. losing power at low RPM range. the cure was From unleaded to velocity or gold

the cause was 93 octane doesnt seem to work properly i have to switch to the 95 octane, But the manual says i can go as low 92 octane.

Yung mga unleaded gas mukhang hindi talga 93 octnae

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta ako sa Caltex Pedro Gil lang :D galing ang fuel sa Pandacan palagi ;)

if ever you encounter problems when you switched fuel brands or RON, minsan its just a matter of tuning the engine pero para less hassle just stick with the fuel that suits your engine... ;)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nung nagkarga ko kina Chieffy parang plus ten horsepower agad (naks plugging!). hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by MAXBUWAYA
    I had problems with my ECHO before. losing power at low RPM range. the cure was From unleaded to velocity or gold

the cause was 93 octane doesnt seem to work properly i have to switch to the 95 octane, But the manual says i can go as low 92 octane.

Yung mga unleaded gas mukhang hindi talga 93 octnae
    Could be the weather temperature we have is not enough to take in the lower octane rating. If the Echo engine automatically retards timing when the fuel is insufficient for good performance (knocking, etc), then it could be the reason why the car performs somewhat sluggishly.

My dad's car requires 95 octane but when i put Petron XCS or Caltex Gold (95 octane), it still experiences detonation... It demands Velocity or Blaze. :confused:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir buknoy2002, i deliberately refrained from using petron blaze coz of may bad experience w petron. d fluctuating rpm during start up was also present in my galant wen it was new back in'97. i believe xcs pa ang tawag ng petron sa unleaded nila. wen petron introduced its valvemaster, i tried dat also but d problem was still der. it was only wen i accidentally tried caltex unleaded dat d problem got solved. tapos nung dumating yung bmw namin, ganun uli problema so lipat ng shell. anyway, tnx 4 d suggestion but shell velocity works well on d car naman e tsaka mas mura pa ito ng konti sa petron blaze =)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    based from this thread, I guess ok talaga ang shell velocity over the others. na-try nyo ba yun sa Total na Protec (95 ron)? 50cents cheaper sya sa velocity na 95 ron din...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    YES NASUBUKAN KO NA YON. and if you can see in the picture, diesel auto ko. HAHAHA! Bad experience yun kapatid.
    I didn't drain my tank, I just ran it as is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bulok na gasolina, dumadami yata?