New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bubbles,
    ayos yun ah! buti la namang problema.

Haven't had a problem with gas yet (meaning, no stalling or fluctuating rpm, etc.), thankfully. currently, i've been using just Caltex Vortex Silver on the Exped and Camry. tried Velocity on the Exped before but i didn't feel any performance benefit, so i went back to Silver. funny, but the Velocity, even with the same weight of my foot on the gas pedal, seemed to burn much faster than the Silver. tried Total unleaded on my 626 before, and it seemed to be a bit heavier/more sluggish. to each his own, i guess.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    My manual says 92 RON fuel is OK.

Tried Petron Blaze pero naging pangit idling ko...rought. I switched to Shell Unleaded at OK na idling, pero after 2 weeks, naging hard starting naman. Nagpa-tune up ako, tapos linis injectors, adjust timing, pero hard starting pa rin. Then I switched to Velocity...OK na start.

Palagay ko me binabagayan talaga bawa't kotse.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    most of the time, the problem is not on the gasoline that the oil companies are supplying, yung mga driver's ng delivery truck, ginagawa binabawasan yung idini-deliver nilang gasoline tapos dinadagdagan ng kerosene. Yung binawas nila yun naman binebenta nila sa iba. I know a company (very reputable one here in metro manila) that has been a victim of these delivery drivers. The company sued the gas station (one of the big 3) kasi yung mga volvo/bmw nung officers nila sabay-sabay nagkaroon ng engine knock after using gasoline delivered to them. Ginawa nung oil company pinatawag yung driver na nagdeliver and they tested the fuel na natira dun sa delivery truck. Ayun nakita nila na malaki porsyento nung gasolina is kerosene. Tsk tsk tsk.
    Siyempre me kaso ngayon yung driver, ang kawawa yung owner ng truck kasi banned na rin pag deliver ng gasoline.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mauler
    most of the time, the problem is not on the gasoline that the oil companies are supplying, yung mga driver's ng delivery truck, ginagawa binabawasan yung idini-deliver nilang gasoline tapos dinadagdagan ng kerosene. Yung binawas nila yun naman binebenta nila sa iba. I know a company (very reputable one here in metro manila) that has been a victim of these delivery drivers. The company sued the gas station (one of the big 3) kasi yung mga volvo/bmw nung officers nila sabay-sabay nagkaroon ng engine knock after using gasoline delivered to them. Ginawa nung oil company pinatawag yung driver na nagdeliver and they tested the fuel na natira dun sa delivery truck. Ayun nakita nila na malaki porsyento nung gasolina is kerosene. Tsk tsk tsk.
    Siyempre me kaso ngayon yung driver, ang kawawa yung owner ng truck kasi banned na rin pag deliver ng gasoline.
    thanks for sharing the info sir mauler...that incident could have been prevented if only the station manager or supervisor(kahit na forecourt attendant lang) inspected the seal of the delivery truck...selyado kasi lahat ng mga butas ng delivery truck to prevent pilferage

san kaya kumuha ng sankatutak na litro ng kerosene na pampuno at inihalo sa gasoline yung driver ng delivery truck? hmmm baka may isa pang anggulo na dapat tingnan sa investigation niyan...

nasan na ba yung secret agent natin, paging PK :D

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    eto pa yung mas nakakatuwa diyan, hindi ka pala basta-basta lang pwedeng maging delivery driver ng "Big 3" oil comapanies, kelangan mo pang mag-exam para makapasok. written and actual, parang kukuha ka ng lisensya sa US o Canada ah.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hmmmm i only fill up sa shell kahit saan basta shell lang pero most of the time yun shell dito sa may quirino corner angel linao, then sa may taft malapit sa quirino.. un dalwang shell na magkatapat and un shell sa likod ng rcbc main bldg sa makati... pero basta shell lang lahat wala prob talga unleaded lang na 93 ron un gamit ko

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Nung nagkarga ko kina Chieffy parang plus ten horsepower agad (naks plugging!). hehehe.
    :D :D :D :p :p :p

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kinyo
    i've been switching gasoline brands for a long time now, since minor players in the industry came into play, purposely to determine if there is any appreciable difference among them ... so far i have not experienced any difference with normal driving

until recently ... with our honda city low on gas, i filled up full tank unleaded with PTT at san fernando, pampanga (near malls) ... after shopping for an hour, the car had difficulty starting and can't maintain normal idle rpm on the first several seconds, i needed to pump the gas pedal to keep it running, otherwise engine will stop. suspicious of the quality of gas, i decided to use all of it until tank is again near empty ... it took almost a week to empty and car consistently hard-starts when cold ... then i refilled with usual petron unleaded and problem is gone

now somebody else (tsikot member) had a recent similar problem with vortex gold (problem disappeared after filling with velocity) ... and there was news about bmw's experience in subic although meron denial (yata) ang bmw (i suppose to protect bmw's name, not the gas brand)

ano ba talaga ang nangyayari sa mga gasolina natin? napapabayaan na ba ang quality control nila? o meron lang yatang bulok na na-deliver sa mga gas stations?

have you guys experienced similar problem?
    I actually have heard of the same complaints above. Not many people know tho that gasoline in general is basically the same regardless of the brand except on certain quality parameters like benzene and sulfur content. The problem identified above however probably was due to contamination which emanates from the actual delivery and handling of fuels from the refinery or depot to the service station.

It should be noted that all refineries in the Philippines which are owned by Petron, Caltex, and Shell are old and antiquated. If you recall, the oil majors even protested on the the enforcement of the Clean Air Act which fortunately was passed by Congress. To be clean air act compliant, oil companies have to blend additives with their locally refined oil. Other players like SBDI and Unioil source their refined fuels from more advanced refineries in Singapore, Korea, among others within the region. The imported finished product therefore is purely refined and no additive is required to be Clean-Air Act compliant. Not to be bias or anything but i would rather gas up from a station where its product is readily Clean Air Act Compliant rather than those that have additives. The ONLY caveat to motorists: Make sure that you gas up in a station (Be it Caltex, Shell, Total, Unioil etc.) that does not source its products from what the industry calls the "dumpers". When a gas station partly sources its products from dumpers, that is when you don't know the very source of your fuels or whether the handling of these fuels was painstakingly taken cared of.

But that's just me, though.
    Peace!! :cool:

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    A friend of mine did a test. He was actually getting more mileage from unioil than with the big 3 companies. Shell burns fastest. performance wise, he felt no change.

funny thing is, he lived in the US for quite some time and even there, Shell gets the least mileage. I believe him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Bulok na gasolina, dumadami yata?