New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi all,

Our plate number at front was split into 2, so i moved it to the back and had it scotched tape. Now, when I was at Roxas Blvd near Manila Hotel, I was pulled over by the police (w/ a brand new vios! ) They charged me 200php for penalties daw alam nyo na... hehehe anyways they asked me to get a certificate from LTO, nakalimutan ko yung name... does anybody know what it is? plus pedeng ipa welding ko na lang yung plate number? san kaya?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by streetunka View Post
    Hi all,

Our plate number at front was split into 2, so i moved it to the back and had it scotched tape. Now, when I was at Roxas Blvd near Manila Hotel, I was pulled over by the police (w/ a brand new vios! ) They charged me 200php for penalties daw alam nyo na... hehehe anyways they asked me to get a certificate from LTO, nakalimutan ko yung name... does anybody know what it is? plus pedeng ipa welding ko na lang yung plate number? san kaya?

thanks
    just go to LTO with your affidavit of change plate (because its broken) and have your plate changed.

ang welding would be equivalent to tampering. ibang kasi naman yan.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Why not in lieu of affidavit of change plate (where you surrender your old plates) try mo affidavit of loss? Same amounts lang din naman ang cost (at least you get to keep your old plates), and the waiting time is also the same din (from 1 month to eternity . . hehehe).

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    yung affidavit yung kukunin sa notary dba? Magkano po yang change plate sa LTO?

btw dba pag affidavit of loss hingi pa ng police report? sabihin ko nag ipit me ng 200 sa logbook ng police na naka vios hahahaha

thanks again guys!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by streetunka View Post
    yung affidavit yung kukunin sa notary dba? Magkano po yang change plate sa LTO?

btw dba pag affidavit of loss hingi pa ng police report? sabihin ko nag ipit me ng 200 sa logbook ng police na naka vios hahahaha

thanks again guys!
    tama din si maz. pwede pala affidavit of loss, kaya lang, make sure na pagpunta mo sa LTO, hindi nakakabit yung sirang plate mo. hehehehe. pareho lang ang cost and pareho lang ang haba ng hintay.

yung affidavit, ikaw na lang ang gumawa and ipa notaryo mo lang. i really don't know how much, pero tingin ko di naman siguro aabutin yan ng 3k.

pag affidavit of loss, i think, hindi naman ata required ang police report. a notarized affidavit i think is sufficient.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Why not in lieu of affidavit of change plate (where you surrender your old plates) try mo affidavit of loss? Same amounts lang din naman ang cost (at least you get to keep your old plates), and the waiting time is also the same din (from 1 month to eternity . . hehehe).
    The only problem is, your new plates would bear a "D" mark (usually found at the middle leftmost part of the plate) meaning "Duplicate Plate" and your plate number would be on a watchlist kse baka yung original plates eh gamitin sa kalokohan. Mejo hassle lang.

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    thanks for all the help and tips guys, will let you know what happens... once na may time na me pumunta sa lto.... hehehe

Broken Plate