New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Please help explain why the driver side window of my Honda City 2004, does not easily go up right away rather hesitates...goes up a little and then goes down.

This problem had occured while my car was still a year old. Honda service center here in Gensan, explained that there's much dirt in the window frame. I have cleaned the frame but to no avail.

If I pull down the window halfway or 3/4, there is no problem in going up. The problem occurs when the window is fully down. It will take some time before I can coax the window to go up.

The three other windows have no problem.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    Please help explain why the driver side window of my Honda City 2004, does not easily go up right away rather hesitates...goes up a little and then goes down.

This problem had occured while my car was still a year old. Honda service center here in Gensan, explained that there's much dirt in the window frame. I have cleaned the frame but to no avail.

If I pull down the window halfway or 3/4, there is no problem in going up. The problem occurs when the window is fully down. It will take some time before I can coax the window to go up.

The three other windows have no problem.

willvill,
    have you had your windows tinted? the soap the tint shop uses dries up to a powdery substance makint the guide rails sticky if not dry. you can easily remedy this by using silicone spray on the guide rail weathersrip. do not use wd 40 or any petroleum based lubricant as the oils melt the rubber and make it worse. or the other possibility is that the window rails are not parallel to each other causing the glass to go up at an angle and get stuck. usually, the holes on the inner door panel where the rails attach to have elongated holes to provide for minor adjustments. determine the exact location where if gets stuck while observing the window in operation
    jick

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Try to use ELEVO power window lubricant it smooth window gliding.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Thanks to jick and speed.

I brought my City to the Honda service center today for some other repairs. Pinacheckup ko narin and window ko.

The mechanic said the motor was dirty. They really removed the side panel and they did not charge me anymore.

Now my driver side window has no more hesitation. It now goes where your switch point to.

automatic windows hesitate to go up