New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    bros hi,

i have a problem with my altis' passengers' window on the left for quite a time....now it is closed permanently because when i pushed down the switch it will not move a bit.

do i have to bring this problem to Toyota? or is it advisable to just make the repair in a private shop.

bros, can you recommend a shop where i can bring the car for window repair? i am from Antipolo City.

thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisshao View Post
    bros hi,

i have a problem with my altis' passengers' window on the left for quite a time....now it is closed permanently because when i pushed down the switch it will not move a bit.

do i have to bring this problem to Toyota? or is it advisable to just make the repair in a private shop.

bros, can you recommend a shop where i can bring the car for window repair? i am from Antipolo City.

thanks guys

do you mean left rear window? for future reference, the doors are numbered front to rear, left to right; hence, driver's door is #1, right front passenger door #2, left rear passenger door #3 and the right rear door #4. same falls true with tire numbering. the system is used on aircraft too.
    if the offending window is the #3, it maybe because this window is hardly opened/closed unless you exercise them at least once a month.the motor might just be stuck and need tapping with a light plastic hammer and relubricated.

Altis Power Windows