New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    97 Lancer GSR
    (with cup holders)

1. At night time Malamig everything seems ok

2. Morning/afternoon under the sun on a stand still Sobrang init parang walang aircon

3. Morning/afternoon on good trafficc medyo may lamig

What could be the problem?
    What are the parts to be replaced?
    How much?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    your aux fan could be busted...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    probably me pin hole leak yan. ganyan din yung symptoms nung revo ko. me nakita silang leak sa fittings ng compressor. pinalitan lang ng rubber bushing nung fittings ok na.
    Last edited by wakin; November 21st, 2006 at 05:38 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like a dying compressor

pa test mo muna compressor mo, ideal reading should be

on the low-side is 30-40 psi
    on the high-side should be less than 200 with engine idle

if the low-side pressure is more than 40 and the high-side is still less than 200, maybe theres a problem with the expansion valve or compressor,

if the high side reading is 200+, that's what they call high pressure

HTH

edit: I'm assuming here your A/C system has no leaks
    Last edited by artpogi; November 21st, 2006 at 05:45 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sounds like the aux fan. Surplus is Php1,500 + a lil labor for install

Can also be a dirty condenser or an a/c comp that is not compressing like it used to.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006

if the low-side pressure is more than 40 and the high-side is still less than 200, maybe theres a problem with the expansion valve or compressor,

sir, favor naman, could you elaborate? what are those pressures for? i just had my aircon cleaned, sinabihan ako before cleaning na high pressure, pinakita sakin na umaabot ng 200psi. after cleaning it was below 200, 150 ata yung nakita ko then 30-40 yung kabilang side, problem ko naman, the aircon wasn't cold as before. medyo "hilaw" yung lamig eh. do those pressures have something to do with the coldness? ibabalik ko sa kanila, under warranty pa naman eh, just wanted to know para di ako mukhang tanga

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by recklus View Post
    sir, favor naman, could you elaborate? what are those pressures for? i just had my aircon cleaned, sinabihan ako before cleaning na high pressure, pinakita sakin na umaabot ng 200psi. after cleaning it was below 200, 150 ata yung nakita ko then 30-40 yung kabilang side, problem ko naman, the aircon wasn't cold as before. medyo "hilaw" yung lamig eh. do those pressures have something to do with the coldness? ibabalik ko sa kanila, under warranty pa naman eh, just wanted to know para di ako mukhang tanga
    first of all I'm not an A/C technician, I was informed by my A/C tech friend about those readings.

IMO, basically what it meant is that those should be your pressure readings if your A/C system or part of your A/C system is in tip-top shape. Now if your readings are within those that I posted then I guess it is okay.

I have encountered the same problem as that of the thread starter and remember having my A/C checked and can't find no leak and the aux fan working fine, when we checked the readings it was not within the ideal range, so we deduced that the A/C compressor was on it's way out, true enough, when I replaced my compressor, everything turned back to normal

As for the "hilaw" na lamig after cleaning, it had happened to me and I have no answer for that, that is why now, if my A/C is working fine, I don't let anybody touch it, I don't have it cleaned unless I can feel that something is amiss. That's why when it comes to my A/C system my policy has always been "if it ain't broke, don't touch it".

HTH

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    looks like a dying compressor

pa test mo muna compressor mo, ideal reading should be

HTH

edit: I'm assuming here your A/C system has no leaks
    i share this view. ganyan nangyari sa singkit ko dati eh. dahang-dahang namamatay. compressor failure. when i had it replaced, balik dating lamig.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARGH! Magakano kaya compressor?

Surplus or Brandnew? Replacement or orihinal?

given all your suggestion

the dillema now is finding a mechanic that would pinpoint exactly the problem
    I dont wanna to do trial and error. Baka magend up ako na pinalitan na lahat.

Tnx s mga suggestion.

I hope its got nothing to do with my cupholders

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    ARGH! Magakano kaya compressor?

Surplus or Brandnew? Replacement or orihinal?

given all your suggestion

the dillema now is finding a mechanic that would pinpoint exactly the problem
    I dont wanna to do trial and error. Baka magend up ako na pinalitan na lahat.

Tnx s mga suggestion.

I hope its got nothing to do with my cupholders
    maxi...its somewhere from 10k-13k..
    syempre, brand new. you can never go wrong with it. minsan kasi sa surplus, after a month or two, pwedeng mag break down ulit, mag dodoble pa expenses mo.

mechanic? si mang mario.

may connection ba yung cupholder mo sa aircon system mo? kasi kung meron, baka yun nga ang culprit. hehehehe.

or you may try calling up Coolmate, which is a service arm of Denso (Denso aircon ng Pizza eh.) based on the brochure that i have from them they can rebuilt compressors, which are quality guaranteed, using original abd nrabd new shaft seals and gaskets. Those parts which are out of specs are replaced with brand new parts.

branches:

Makati - Pasong Tamo Extension (867-3218)
    Alabang - Motortown, ATC (8091924)
    Caloocan - EDSA (3673351)
    QC - E.Rodriguez (7276133)
    Pasig - Ortigas Avenue (6321061)
    Paranaque - A.Santos Avenue (5421484)
    Quezon Avenue (9274417)
    The Fort - (8182193).

Pa check mo muna sa kanila. May free checkup services sila.

hth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Air con Problem