New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    may nakita ko parang round thingsa may bottom left side sa liteace, katabi nung steering gearbox ba yun--> part where the steering column is connected and its connected to the rack-pinion...

parang oil cooler na cylindrical in shape.. pag may time, i'll remove the 2 hoses na nakakabit to verify.. kung oil cooler nga, papalitan ko na yun ng mas effective type...

atf-->not much ako dito, having plans to convert naman to 5-MT 4wd e...or kung tinamad ko palitan, siguro pwede nalang ba ko mag-slice sa one of the lines na going to the lower part ng radiator para diver ko sa air-oil-cooler? and which line ang ssplice-san ko--> "going to the radiator" or "comming from the radiator"

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    please take a pic for that A.Y.

The plan of using our pajero ATF cooler to be a engine oil cooler is not wise after all.

inspecting the pajero's oil cooler, the lines are all steel pipe and the valve (openings) have those pressure protection thingy, while the ATF runs on rubber hose only and no pressure protections. and to think the Pajero has only 80Psi max.

I'm still wondering if using the Turbo Oil cooler pipe lines is a safer idea to hook the oil cooler.

what do you think guys?

will do, teka, under immediate repair ulit-->bad trip na waterpump di pa sumabay noon!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you should use fittings for the ends para sure no leaks. but that means your oil cooler will have to have the same which most surplus ones do not have.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    I found some pics from a person who added extra atf cooler in his liteace.

in front of the AC condensor using steel tubing

Sending unit in the pan

is there any tsikoteers here who have added engine oil coolers?
    me! sa suzuki carry all van converted to 5k matic engine, adding oil cooler na pang VR galant in series sa oil coolr ng radiator. ok naman wlang psi drop even hose lang gamit ko sa performance wla naman nabago cguro minimal lang bka sa lifespan ng atf effective

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    There is such a thing as normal operating temperature so temp below or above the normal operating temp of your car is not good. European cars temp go down when cruising in the 160-200kph range. Sustained high speed racing conditions for japanese cars maybe an oil cooler will help.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks for the tip speedyfix.
    *Joey: any plans adding engine oil cooler too?

when oil is hot, it actually loses huge amount of pressure. that explains multigrade... well I'm not into racing, but I'm always worried about overheating when I hear people experienced it in their similar vehicle to mine...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    thanks for the tip speedyfix.
    *Joey: any plans adding engine oil cooler too?

when oil is hot, it actually loses huge amount of pressure. that explains multigrade... well I'm not into racing, but I'm always worried about overheating when I hear people experienced it in their similar vehicle to mine...
    hindi na bro, when it comes to racing dun m mppkinabangan oilcooler in normal driving hind masyado. actually in my szuki with out atf cooler b4 ok na performance even it travels from here to matnog, sorsogon thats around 700 kilometers one way, 10-14 hrs drive bale 1400 balikan 3-4 times a year, ng may oil cooler na ung atf s totoo lang eh wala ako naramdaman pagbabago hehehe isip ko n lang minimal imprvement. sa racing malamang at syempre sa mga force induction engine mas dun kylangan (pero kakarera kaba ng matic tranny hehe)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    just like what the web is saying, ATF cooler will just extend your ATF life.

I'm just bit worried, I hear lot of people having overheating problems similar to our ride. and they are definetly not RACERS. just heavy towers...

Engine oil cooler might make the overheating problem a impossible word.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    some sandwich plate adaptors have thermostats built in na so your oil does not pass through the cooler until the predetermined temp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
adding oil coolers...