New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I've tried the search function but after encoding "tools", more than 14 pages came out. I scanned through the first 5 pages but did not see any thread specifically about tools. If there is, I apologize since I do not have the luxury of going through the more than 9 other pages.

Anyways, maybe this thread can talk anything about tools related to automotive.

I am looking for a place to get a socket for a star type bolt specifically #8. Anyone knows where I can get this?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Torx .

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zeagle View Post
    I've tried the search function but after encoding "tools", more than 14 pages came out. I scanned through the first 5 pages but did not see any thread specifically about tools. If there is, I apologize since I do not have the luxury of going through the more than 9 other pages.

Anyways, maybe this thread can talk anything about tools related to automotive.

I am looking for a place to get a socket for a star type bolt specifically #8. Anyone knows where I can get this?
    sir,
    yes its called a torx wrench.

the star type bolt comes is many kinds.
    1. 6point star without center dowel (male: T type and female: E type)
    2. 6point star with center dowel (male: tamper prevention torx)
    3. 5point star without center dowel

where are you going to use this?
    Last edited by banaweonline; August 31st, 2006 at 10:09 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by banaweonline View Post
    sir,
    yes its called a torx wrench.

the star type bolt comes is many kinds.
    1. 6point star without center dowel (male: T type and female: E type)
    2. 6point star with center dowel (male: tamper prevention torx)
    3. 5point star without center dowel

where are you going to use this?
    Wow! I'm learning here. I just bought new seats for my Swift. The mounting bolts for the seats uses torx type bolts. Based on info you gave, it has a 6 point star without center dowel T type.
    Last edited by zeagle; August 31st, 2006 at 10:19 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yeah where can i get the torx bit with a hole in the middle?
    ordinary non-tamperproof bits are cheap, lots of KYK in the malls (ace hardware, true value). but i've never seen a tamperproof bit yet.

for unbolting those pesky idle air control valves, throttle position sensors, and so forth..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    ordinary non-tamperproof bits are cheap, lots of KYK in the malls (ace hardware, true value). but i've never seen a tamperproof bit yet.

for unbolting those pesky idle air control valves, throttle position sensors, and so forth..
    we use the 6point torx here at the shop. these are perfect for the airbags.

the tamper proof is just the same as the ordinary torx except there is a hole in the middle. so you cannot insert the ordinary torx in a tamper proof torx.

try mo sa hans tools baka meron. kung wala, i can order it for you. but its quite expensive. japan kasi.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005

Try rsphilippines.com

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the first result set from RS

apparently it has one tamperproof bit. 330 pesos ain't bad.

all the other products are expensive, in the thousands.

psylocke, malapit lang RSComponents to my office (nasa multinational bancorporation sila). ever bought anything from them? marami akong gustong bilhin sa kanila pero i don't know if they entertain walk-ins.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the first result set from RS

apparently it has one tamperproof bit. 330 pesos ain't bad.

all the other products are expensive, in the thousands.

psylocke, malapit lang RSComponents to my office (nasa multinational bancorporation sila). ever bought anything from them? marami akong gustong bilhin sa kanila pero i don't know if they entertain walk-ins.

I don't think you could walk-in. I do bank deposit to their BPI + 200 pesos for shipping. I've gotten some hard to find stuff from them like Luxeon LEDs and IR transceivers, etc...

Yeah some of their items are waaaaay overpriced. The R in RS actually stands for ripoff

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *psylocke,

ganun ba.. yeah i noticed they have some really hard-to-find stuff. pero some of the stuff is overpriced (example: Hall sensor, 80+ petot sa kanila, tuwa na ako dun ha, turns out 18 petot sa Alexan).

pero considering merong 200 for shipping, dapat pala medyo malaki-laki ang bilhin mo sa kanila para worth it. how long ang delivery time nila? yung 200 pala pang-gas papuntang Raon hehehehe..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
About TOOLS