New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hi tulong naman for an idea or solution if you have encounter this kind of problem...

when i engage the 4LO or 4HI then run for a couple of meters (maybe 7 or more for 4HI) parang nagbrake then i can not return the 4wd lever to 2HI kahit na FREE na yung HUB LOCK, i have to reverse the pick up para marelease ang LEVER to 2HI...
    akala ko nung una, nagstuck up yung brake pad kasi di mo man lang maitulak in NEUTRAL, nung ijack-up ko na at icheck if my prob sa brake umikot ung gulong reverse, yun pwede na maengage ang 4wd lever to 2HI and matulak na ang pick up.. any ideas why?

di ko na magamit ang 4wd pag fully loaded kasi ang hirap na itakbo after a couple of meters.... differential of front and rear are 7 45 teeth(match)

ano kaya problema nito?

salamat sa mag iinput...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag naka 4low (with hubs engage or not) ka nagiging double ang torgue ng engine mo thru gearing. pagbitaw ng gas nag engine brake agad siya. so normal yan if you feel na parang naka brake ka, pag 4 low. pag 4 high same gear ratio lang yun as in 2 hi pero yun front tend mo supplied din ng power (pag naka engage hubs mo). yun sa shifting naman may bushing yan sa loob ng shift na nag wornout due to use. try to remove the shifter and see if mayrun pa or wornout na. HTH.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    got to go. maya nalang sa office.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi mo rin pwede gamitin ang 4wd niya on high traction surfaces. The surface should be slippery enough to allow for tire slip.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Hindi mo rin pwede gamitin ang 4wd niya on high traction surfaces. The surface should be slippery enough to allow for tire slip.
    ah ok... thanks for the info master OTEP and master AFRASAY

bakit kailangan pa ireverse to dis engage the 4wd lever?

i think i need more info on 4wd vehicle sigh...
    Last edited by radiazone; November 9th, 2006 at 01:12 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You reverse to disengage the hub. Not the lever.

If your lever is getting stuck, it could be a bushing problem as afrasay has pointed out. A pretty common problem with Zuks but has yet to happen to me.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i already did free the hub, pero ayaw madisengage to 2HI ang lever, reverse ko lang konti ayun madisengage ko na to 2HI...

salamat sa info kailangan lang pala ung 4wd sa slippery road or loose gravel na daan..di pala sa akyatan na kargado or well-paved na daan.. sigh....
    Last edited by radiazone; November 9th, 2006 at 01:51 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    radiazone,
    you can use your 4low on a pave road provided you don't engage your front hubs. this would multiple your torque increasing your pulling power especially when going uphill. I do this when going thru deep flooded streets like in the sampaloc area. This way I don't need to rev the engine (prevent splashes to the engine) that much. let me add that you can use your 4hi and 4low on paved roads provided you drive straight with minimal turns.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    radiazone,
    you can use your 4low on a pave road provided you don't engage your front hubs. this would multiple your torque increasing your pulling power especially when going uphill. I do this when going thru deep flooded streets like in the sampaloc area. This way I don't need to rev the engine (prevent splashes to the engine) that much. let me add that you can use your 4hi and 4low on paved roads provided you drive straight with minimal turns.
    thanks for that info master afrasay kala ko sira na transmission ko...

di ko na lang sasabihan yung mekaniko na parang magbrake ung sasakyan pag naka 4LO in a pave or asphalt road, wala rin pala siya idea why it brake na hindi ka nagaaply ng brake... atleast nalinis yung loob nang transfer case kasi dami ng grinding particles sa OIL drain plug galing sa wear out ng reverse gear....

4WD problem suzuki kei pick up