New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys,
    have a prob. with our 2nd gen CRV,it was parked for i think 2 weeks in our garage with out starting the engine,pag labas kce sa casa,hindi namin agad na gamit,proir to that it was also parked in my dads office for quite a long time.

now it wont start,it wont even crank,as in patay talaga yun battery,no power at all,kahit alarm ayaw gumana.ni isang ilaw sa dash wala,as in totally dead.i was thinking to series it with our other vehicles,but it was park facing its front to the wall,so hindi aabot yun wires,so i have no choice but to remove the battery and try the other battery from the other car,thinking that it would start,but to my surprise,the horn keeps honking,the lights are blinking,and parang nag aalarm pa,i tried starting it but ayaw parin.

what could be the problem here?bat ayaw nya mag start and i assume na kahit bago yun batt,ayaw nya parin,anyway,its a matic pa.need help here coz i want to use the car sana.pero its dead,dont know what to do with it.should i call someone from the casa?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you batt's probably drained, or the connections maybe loose.

i think the honking and the flashing of the lights is just a natural reaction of your alarm system, since its memory is erased when you disconnected your original battery. just deactivate it.

your battery may still be under warranty. call someone from the dealer where you bought your crv, coz im sure it will be covered by the 3 year warranty.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    battery yan, na drain.

happened to me before, same thing, 2 weeks no use of car, after 2 weeks, car won't start, when I borrowed my friends battery, yun, nag start naman.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The alarm sounding means that the alarm is triggered. That is normal kasi some theives do take out the battery in hopes of defeating the system.

Knowing that the alarm is triggered, malamang pati ignition kill niya ay active so hindi talaga gagana ang susi mo.

The best thing to do is have the remote transmitter ready when you reconnect the battery. Kapag nag-trigger ang alarm, disarm immediately and start the vehicle.

Nangyari ito sa Sentra ng kapatid ko at 3 a.m. after namin dumalaw sa patay.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST

Originally posted by artpogi
    battery yan, na drain.

happened to me before, same thing, 2 weeks no use of car, after 2 weeks, car won't start, when I borrowed my friends battery, yun, nag start naman.
    well in my case it was the battery.

sayo, hmmm.......

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pero malamang tama si artpogi na battery nga iyan.

The battery I was referring to in my post is a FULLY CHARGED battery (e.g. borrowed or purchased).

Nadiskarga na siguro ang battery mo after being parked so long.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun na nga eh,patay talaga yun batt.anyway,if you are familiar with the alarm/remote of the honda crv,open/lock and hatch open lang ang andun eh,i tried pressing all the bottons pero ayaw parin,i already called honda makati,and they said that they will send someone over to see the prob. in others cars ok naman pag pinalitan mo yun batt.ito ayaw talaga eh.hassle hindi mo magamit yun auto.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    try mo pa check computer box baka don ang sira ng oto

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did you try pressing the buttons with the new/donor battery installed?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is natural for the alarm to go off when the battery is replaced or reconnected. Just disarm it and you're okay. Hindi talaga magsta-start yan kasi the alarm is engaged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2nd gen honda crv prob. (re: batt and electronics)