New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hey guys, its me again. i found and exalta for 280k. the car really looks elegant. 48k palang ang mileage and its white. any thing i should know about before i buy this car? i know the features of the car, not sure tho kung ABS na to. alam ko 4 wheel disc brake siya.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    check if its an SLA or STA model.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    price isn't bad at all!

hmm, afaik ABS na yan, most post 97 cars ng Nissan may ABS na...

Wait for VINJ (or send him a PM) for details ng car..

I think check mo ang cold start kung maingay ang chain, baka kailangan palitan tensioner...

Yung power steering check mo din, afaik yung Y connector nya medyo common ang may leakage.

Check mo nadin kung kumusta idling nya to be sure the sensors are in check...

Other than that, test drive it fast and slow. The usual stuff you check pag test drive ng isang oto...

Interior, check mo yung mga leather kung crack na sa driver's seat...

Lastly, of course, check if it's clean in terms of its paperworks.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    sorry forgot to mention. its a STA

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    OT: hey theveed, i noticed you have a bigberts logo on your sig. do you own the place? anyway, i've been wanting to go there to have my cefiro detailed. can i ask you a question? if i have it detailed there, matatanggal pa ba yung mga water stains that i get sa paint? kasi white siya e, and everytime na tutuyuan ng water nag iiwan siya ng mark, and its a real pain to remove, kasi madiin at ilang beses ko pa siya ipunas bago matanggal.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    thanks for the tips theveed, will check those once i test drive the unit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Short answer, yes...

if you have any more questions, please post it in this thread instead para di ma-hijack thread mo...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    gotcha.

ok guys, i still need your input before i make up my mind with the exalta. thanks ulit.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Test drive it in traffic... about an hour should do. Make sure the AC is okay (medyo sore point ang AC... IF you need to fix it) and that the battery and alternator are in good condition, as the Exalta has a lot of electrical and electronic goodies that put a big load on that alternator.

Also make sure that the transmission holds up well in traffic, doesn't get jerky or too noisy (most old ATs are noisy anyway, but as long as it shifts well, that's okay). Check the transmission fluid, too... make sure it's clear and free of water and particles.

280K sounds like a good price. It's a fine commuter car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    thanks niky, will follow your advise too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2000 nissan exalta