New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    IMHO id go with the corolla because it has a better chassis. ive talked to some mechanics (correct me not true) and they told me the problem with the lancer singkit (89-91) model is that the front engine mount or was it chassis gives way to the weight of a swap engine like 4g63. what they do is put another form of support/brace underneath the chassis to fix these.

the st 4age on the other hand, peeps from grupotoyota are happy with it. and they like the ae92 body. oh and the st engine is ITB. sings well on high rpms. the st is also a 1.6ltr engine compared to a 2.0ltr 4g63 engine so mas matipid.

by the way. its a toyota. its known for reliabilty. lotsa parts sa suking auto shops so cheaper prices. this are 15year old cars so repairs are expected.

go with toyota.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    AE92 has IRS compared to the torsion bar rear suspension of the singkit.

pero mas pogi GTi for me lalo na kung JDM tapos may headlamp washer & rear wiper.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baker123
    IMHO id go with the corolla because it has a better chassis. ive talked to some mechanics (correct me not true) and they told me the problem with the lancer singkit (89-91) model is that the front engine mount or was it chassis gives way to the weight of a swap engine like 4g63. what they do is put another form of support/brace underneath the chassis to fix these.

the st 4age on the other hand, peeps from grupotoyota are happy with it. and they like the ae92 body. oh and the st engine is ITB. sings well on high rpms. the st is also a 1.6ltr engine compared to a 2.0ltr 4g63 engine so mas matipid.

by the way. its a toyota. its known for reliabilty. lotsa parts sa suking auto shops so cheaper prices. this are 15year old cars so repairs are expected.

go with toyota.
    yung sinasabi mong support/brace is really required sa singkit either stock engine or not.

and i think mas madaling i source out ang parts ng singkit 4g63 since ang 4g63 naman supported pa ng kahit anong shops because of the galant gti.

power department naman halos pareho lang coz may variant ang 4g63 and 4age ng 140+hp, 160+ hp, and 170+hp. sa torque lamang ang 4g63 because of the displacement.

its your call kung ano piliin mo. I own a singkit with 4g63. good luck!
    Last edited by SunTzu; January 18th, 2006 at 05:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Out of the box i'd probably look at the Corolla... but maybe you would prefer buying a bone stock one for lets say, 100K-120K then do the mods on your own.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    bakit di na lang singkit then fit the 1.6L MIVEC 172hp from JDM Cyborg 4g92MIVEC ata(not sure)?

parang may nakita akong nagbebenta sa MMph...

para sakin OK yung engine na yun.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    thanks for all your reply. keep it coming pls...

forgot to mention pla -- the 4G63 mitsu comes with an intercooler turbo.
    just don't know if this is something good or bad... haven't tried any turbo-charged
    engine kya i don't know how it works... : )

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm/..so it is a 4g63T pala....parang kilala ko yang nagbebenta ah..hmmm

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe parang kilala ko rin nagbebenta niyan.

di hamak na mas tipid ang 4AGE jan. 16G ata turbo niyan, 450cc injectors and MAF sensor. expect around 5-6 km/liter on city driving conditions with the 63T. happy boosting!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    advertised fuel consumption daw (per seller's info):

4g63 or 4g63T = 7kms/L city; 8kms/L HW
    4AGE ST = 9~10kms/L city; 12kms/L HW

could u agree with this?

thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    those figures are a little too optimistic, just keep in mind they come from someone who wants you to buy their vehicle.

is the 4g63 with a turbo.. a 4g63 na kinabitan ng turbo? or a 4g63T - may kasama nang turbo. alam ko magkaiba tong 2 na to e. experts correct me nalang if im wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2.0 mitsu 4G63 16V vs 1.6 toyota 4AGE ST 20V