New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, I am thinking about upgrading the tires & wheels of the Rav4 from 16" to 18" (damn that car that I just drove... made me realized how bad my tires are on the road). The primary reason for this is because I cannot find an alternative 235/60 R16 sized tire that is better than the Dueler H/Ts that I am currently using (if you can point me to a tire shop selling performance 235/60 R16 it would be better actually - no need to replace the wheels).

As per the GrupoRav4 members, 235/50 R18 tires is a good fit for the Rav4 as attested by the numerous Rav4s there riding on these tires. I've also checked the tire calculator and the speedometer difference is only around +0.56% (diameter difference) which is well within the acceptable 3% limit.

My main question is... will going to 18" wheels affect my acceleration & fuel consumption?

BTW, the Rota wheels that I am looking at is like this: http://www.rotawheels.com/gallery/pictures/rav01.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited by mazdamazda; August 1st, 2007 at 02:01 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well kung same diamter lang as before minimal lang siguro.. go for it...

btw dead yung link...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ayaw direct link sa image eh.

http://www.rotawheels.com/gallery/index.php?id=124

looks good naman.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    M2, try to ask Franz Tyre Center near Vitarich. AFIAK, they sell performance tyres of that size.

You might wanna try to look for the Yokoham Avid TRZ of the same size/dimensions. Kung gusto mo mura, may Nankang at Uniroyal din na ganito size.

O kaya, mag Pirelli ka na lang - may moolah ka naman eh. :snob:
    Last edited by nicolodeon; August 1st, 2007 at 03:35 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not a fan of 5 spokes. tignan mo 8 spokes or 10 malay mo bagay...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    to answer your question: acceleration...a bit kase wheels of a smaller diameter accelerate/spin faster than wheels of a larger dimension/diameter pero I think in your case the difference would be minimal or unoticeable. Fuel comsumption...ummm..AFAIK may difference. Lagyan mo na lang ng N2/nitro yung gulong mo para mag improve yung fuel consumption mo ng 3-5%.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    tataas siguro konti fuel consumption since mas mabigat..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    M2, try to ask Franz Tyre Center near Vitarich. AFIAK, they sell performance tyres of that size.

You might wanna try to look for the Yokoham Avid TRZ of the same size/dimensions. Kung gusto mo mura, may Nankang at Uniroyal din na ganito size.

O kaya, mag Pirelli ka na lang - may moolah ka naman eh. :snob:
    Sige... thanks for the tip. Pagkatapos magbayad sa MARWADIS daan ako dun sa Franz Tyre Center.

Uy... ayoko ng Pirelli... :faint:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Sige... thanks for the tip. Pagkatapos magbayad sa MARWADIS daan ako dun sa Franz Tyre Center.

Uy... ayoko ng Pirelli... :faint:
    amf..heredero eh ayaw pirelli. :snob:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    M2, parang mas fowgi yung SVN ng Rota kaysa dyan sa nasa pic mo. Madali pang linisin..I think. Okay din yung Battle series.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
16" to 18"