New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Looks like the Nano LHD is finally ready for export, it's 1st market is Myanmar. See at link below:

Tata Nano to be launched in Myanmar this week

But that price mentioned in the article is ridiculous -- equivalent INR 5.94 lakh or close to P600k!?! The taxes must be exorbitant in Myanmar, just as the article says...it's more fun in PHL

Not a whisper anywhere about the diesel...tsk tsk. Must've hit some technical hurdle...

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    tata was launched here nung mga late 90's to very early 2000's. they were selling pickups similar to nissan ad resort. yung showroom nila is in between guadalupe tulay and boni. they folded up eventually and i don't see existing tata's dito. does anyone of you recall?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup I believe it was the Rodriguezes who brought them in, about the same time as Proton and Alfa Romeo. Just like those 2 brands, Tata did not prosper in PHL...

Quote Originally Posted by bananatype View Post
    • 800 cc 3-cylinder CRDi motor, Honeywell (Garrett) turbo, Bosch engine management, delivering 30 km/L urban FC
    • Cheaper direct injection variant delivering 30 km/L in development (still impressive)
    It actually is gonna have only 2 cylinders. But still not a bad engine at all, altough I wouldn't ever consider to get a Tata Nano. I wouldn't mind to have this engine as a replacement for a 1.0L petrol engine...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    my indian colleague here once told that TATA owner made a big business blunder
    he put up a big tata plant for domestic market.
    yup the car is cheap... but fuel cost in india is high.
    target market is not complaining on the car but their daily fuel budget

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "A promise is a promise"-ratan tata

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ung mga gumagawa ng owner jeep sa cavite wala bang nagbabalak na gumawa ng similar car tulad ng tata?

Pwede gamitan ng motorcycle engines, tapos two passengers lang para hindi hirap.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Tata Nano CRDi to deliver 40 km/L!