New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Wala na me magagawa I'm stuck with my Opel for now.

Pag binenta sobra baba presyo kung may bibili if ever and masyado na mataas mileage ko nasa 125T Km na hehehehe.

Pero kung safety paguusapan sa tingin ko reliable pa ito sa bangaan.

Binanga ako ng isang Nissan Sentra na bago last year mga February sa NLEX kasi biglang nag si slowdown yun mga nasa harapan ko and yun nasa Sentra wasn't paying attetion.

Yun buong Front niya na crumple and had to be towed samantala sa akin mis-align lang ng konti yun bumper sa likod.

I was really surprise that no major damage on my side.

When I ask Opel about it I found out that there was a I-beam with two shocks attached to the rear bumper to absorb impact. He told me that the impact would have to destroy first the shocks before any damage could be done to the frame of the Vectra.

This is one of the main reasons why I kept my Vectra all this years.

I bet if I was in a Japanese car the out look for that accident would be totally different.

I travel the NLEX everyday and is used to see accidents left and right specially on rainy seasons.

I'm not saying the Vectra is the most safetest car around but it's above average compare to the japanese counterparts.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by rebel
    The best way is to buy the needed parts and have Opel fix it to minimize expenses.

Here is a number of Thunder Automotive Supply.

You could buy the parts as long as you know the part number it's 50% cheaper sometime to buy from this shop compare to the price in Opel.

Tel: 2447701 & 2446529
    Why buy to replace parts that are still under dealer warranty?
    And even at 50% cheaper... thats still P200,000 for a tranny thats under warranty.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Baka tapos na warranty niya kaya the dealer quoted 400,000

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir rebel,

5mph ata ang bumper ng Vectra (meaning guaranteed no damage if you hit a flat barrier up to 5 mph). Pero even at higher speeds it will survive. On newer cars they usually put foam instead of shocks to lower cost. But on local units hindi din nilalagay ang foam kaya hollow ang loob ng bumper. The only vehicles I see with complete bumper reinforcements are Kias, Hyundais and older Daewoos (siyempre Opel derived ang Daewoos dati). Ewan ko na yung sa iba.

I backed into two different Lancers using our Korean vans (una yung MB100 then yung Besta). The Lancers did not look good afterwards. No damage for me. hehehehe.

Sadly, binaba na ang requirements for bumper strength even in the U.S. 2.5mph na lang. huhu

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Yun vectra ko may foam at the same time may 2 shockabsorbers.

I'm sure yun bumanga sa akin more than 20kph kasi yun buong harap nya tumiklop and had to be towed.

Sa lakas ng banga nahilo ako kasi humampas yun ulo ko sa headrest.

I was really expecting extensive damage on my car pero swerte ko pa align lang ng bumper katapat hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Matibay talaga ang 5mph bumpers. hehehehe. Kahit yata pole at 5mph kaya nila i-withstand.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Ano ano kaya mga kotse now and may 5mph bumpers?

Sa SUV uso ba yun 5mph bumpers?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does this mean na hindi din masyado maganda ang astra? sabi kasi ng dealer sa akin, ina-admit daw nila na lemon ang vectra pero ok daw ang astra

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Inadmit nila sa'yo? doing that can get them into trouble. worse they could get fired.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir rebel,

SUV's are not required to have 5mph bumpers. They are not even required to have bumpers in the rear (e.g. RAV4). May bumperettes lang (end caps).

Sa cars lang po ito applicable and not sa trucks. Voluntary na po ang paglalagay ng 5 mph bumpers sa trucks.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Opel Vectra CD 2.0