New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post
    opel astra owner here...

its hard to describe the ride of the astra as compared to its japanese counterparts.. you have to testdrive it yourself... feeling mo nasa cocoon ka and solid na solid ang ride...

since european car siya, expect maintenance cost to be slightly higher than japanese... with regard sa parts, there are shops which specialized in opels like thunder, olympia etc. meron din seller sa ebay! hehe

Thanks. Do you still own it?

Can you still recommend buying a 10 year old car?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitesmith View Post

wag na sir, haha kakabenta ko lang ng astra ko, mura nga yung unit mahala naman yung mga repairs ang mahirao oa dun wala ka kagad maukukuhang parts

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitesmith View Post

kung 10year old car sir, go for toyota corolla's (yung mga lovelife body, bago yung altis) dami parts easy to maintain

yup sir, nasa amin pa.. 2003 year model.kelangan lang ng tlc ng astra... european kasi yan, not all mechanics are familiar with that.

pero kung everyday car ang hanap mo, japanese brands pa rin ang recommended.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Need help guys...can you give me an idea ng fuel consumption of an "opel astra 2000, 1.6 eco tec, a/t"..give me details po..mas tipid ba kapag manual kesa sa a/t?.. :d

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarry View Post
    Need help guys...can you give me an idea ng fuel consumption of an "opel astra 2000, 1.6 eco tec, a/t"..give me details po..mas tipid ba kapag manual kesa sa a/t?.. :d
    hello, the fuel consumption of my astra is 8-8.5 pag city driving. pag long driving. its 12-13, oxygen sensor plays a big factor on the consumption of your fuel by 10 percent, pag brand new (oxygen sensor) makikita mo talaga yung difference, usually we dont change it unless the engine check lights up, or if its broken. In germany or US they do replace their oxygen sensor if it reaches 60000 km or 80000 km, unlike us 100,000km na or more, we still dont change it, because hindi pa sira ( makukuha naman to sa linis kung kakayanin e) yung di ko pa napalitan oxygen sensor ko, fuel consumption ko nasa 7-8

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    ^

san pwede mag palinis ng oxygen sensor? kaya ba DIY to? how much din pala to pag palitan and madali lang mag hanap ng piyesa?. thanks (daming tanong na sunod sunod hehehe )

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dudey20 View Post
    ^

san pwede mag palinis ng oxygen sensor? kaya ba DIY to? how much din pala to pag palitan and madali lang mag hanap ng piyesa?. thanks (daming tanong na sunod sunod hehehe )
    i think you can DIY.. its above the exhaust manifold, you need an electronic cleaner para to rinse out the excess carbon on the oxygen sensor,(not sure kung totally malinis yung sensor ha?) our astra have 2 oxygen sensors, one on the front and one on the back, front yung pinalitan sakin kasi yun nakasulat na problem sa scanner. yung likod not sure asan yung position

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    thanks tbonegwapito.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by g26 View Post
    I've owned an Opel Astra for 4 years before. I was so happy with it. Not under power at all. It's distinctively a bit slow on the acceleration but it can go very fast on the highway. I think it's one nature of European cars compared with Japanese cars w/c accelerate quickly but lags on the highway.
    Build is very good. Suspension's on the sporty side. Very good handling. Very good ergonomics. Fuel-efficient for a 1600 wagon. I like the interior. Radio and speakers sounds very good for a stock car. And like the other poster above, the Astra looks good on it's own without any accessory.
    On the other side, I sold it for practical reasons.
    i agree with you g26 but recently i have some lights on the dashboard the one with a star and tio the effect fans truned on and aircon compressor fail but after i turn it off several times or even reset by disconnection batterry terminal and when in use the car goes smooth but the next day the same problem goes on. can you refer me a cheap but decent mechanic/shop for this problem please thanks

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rev1925 View Post
    i agree with you g26 but recently i have some lights on the dashboard the one with a star and tio the effect fans truned on and aircon compressor fail but after i turn it off several times or even reset by disconnection batterry terminal and when in use the car goes smooth but the next day the same problem goes on. can you refer me a cheap but decent mechanic/shop for this problem please thanks
    the square with a star indicates cooling system problem, have it check or better yet have it scanned.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast