New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi Guys,

I just wanna get some advice/tips for my first car. Thing is, I have very limited funds and also, I cannot get a manual car. I am not THAT picky with the appearance. I'm more of a COMFORT over LOOKS type of guy. And also not a fan of SPEED so no need for powerful engines or what not.

These are some of the cars I've been eyeing for quite some time now, and if possible, can you guys shed some light on the issues I've read about them:

Opel Astra Sedan/Wagon = Gas Guzzler daw? Mahirap daw humanap ng pyesa? Mahal daw pyesa? Hindi daw maganda handling? To all Astra owners please tell me anything I need to know para bumili ako ng Astra. THANKS!

Opel Tigra (now if you'll notice my forum name is tigra, YES this is one of my dream cars eversince I saw an old friend of mine with his mettalic blue tigra equipped with blaupunkt bangers. that thing is such a beauty!) = Tigra din daw mahirap humanap pyesa, mahal pyesa at malakas sa gas? To all Tigra owners, please tell me kung ano dapat malaman ko para bumili ako talaga ng Tigra.

And also, if ever matuloy ako sa Opel, please help me find a decent talyer at shop para sa spare parts at services ng OPEL. If I'm not mistaken, I think saw one somewhere in Cubao area? Not even sure if that's still cubao, but it's close to Muhlach ensaymda (the main branch) I was on my way to Chocolate Lovers that time I saw a talyer with the OPEL emblem painted on it's walls.

PS
    I forgot to mention, whatever car I'll end up buying, it will only be used a couple of hours on the weekdays and maybe a short city drive on the weekends. I have zero plans on driving away the metro anytime soon as I have zero knowledge on the itsy bitsy pieces of a vehicle. In short d ako marunong sa makina at kahet magpalit ng gulong LOL pero pag aaralan ko syempre.

So ibig kong sabihin, from point A to B lang ang car na ito. So tingin nyo ba, kahit malakas sa gas na kotse okay lang dahil di naman sya ilalayo at hindi naman madalas gagamitin?

Thanks in advance everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sir just get japanese brand cars

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahirap ang pyesa ng opel. i have a friend who has one, maski high tension wires pautay utay sa banawe ang meron.
    you would be better off in japanese cars.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thanks. Siguro nga tanggalin ko na sa choices ko ang OPEL. Oh well, siguro in the future nalang pang weekend car.

Thanks thanks thanks!

Ano tingin nyo sa honda city 04 a/t , d raw flooded pero nakakita kame ng mud stains sa may baba ng dashboard. Pati yung signal na para sa handbrake laging nka-on.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    You may want to reconsider the Astra. I just restored a non-running unit. With regard to the parts, found an opel guy in Bulacan who has tons of Astra parts at surplus prices. Bought an engine, interior pieces, etc. There are also shops who cater to Opels like Olympia in G. Araneta, Fronte, in Banawe. You can also get hard to find parts on ebay.

Our astra gets 8-9km/l city driving. not bad.

Just a tip though, get the 1999/2000 model. 02 and up models are prone to ECU damage due to engine heat.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you know, opels are semi-orphans.*** parts and knowledgeable mechanics are few and far from your convenience. that's why opels are selling cheap.
    if i were you, i'd stick to japanese brands. mas mahal nga sa una, mura at napakadaling maintenance naman.. which is what you should be thinking of, considering your car is a used car.
    you want comfort? get a camry, an accord, or a cefiro! gas guzzlers all, but maintenance is easy, compared to the european marquees..
    or just go the common tao's choice. the corolla, sentra, lancer, or city.
    btw, yung city na mentioned sa taas, if you have any suspicion that the car went swimming, pass it up. there are so many other cars out there.

sa dami ng nagbebenta ng used cars, it's a buyers' market out there! good luck.

and it does not matter just how many hours a week you intend to use it and where. a defective car is a nightmare to drive.

***no offense and my apologies to opel owners.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 6th, 2014 at 02:11 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this pero I'm interested sa Opel Astra. Just like the OP posted, this will be my first car and I'm planning to get a second hand too, automatic din. But medyo takot din since I read nga na mahal and masakit sa ulo ang maintenance and pag second hand, maintenance talaga ang prob. Anong ibang cars ba ang katulad ng Opel Astra Wagon in terms of space?

Thanks in advance sa replies

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaganda View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this pero I'm interested sa Opel Astra. Just like the OP posted, this will be my first car and I'm planning to get a second hand too, automatic din. But medyo takot din since I read nga na mahal and masakit sa ulo ang maintenance and pag second hand, maintenance talaga ang prob. Anong ibang cars ba ang katulad ng Opel Astra Wagon in terms of space?

maybe the corolla, lancer, sentra, and civic. if you want more space, there're the camry, cefiro, accord, with their larger fuel appetites..
    i suggest you stick to japanese cars. they are much more easier and cheaper to maintain than europeans.
    my colleague once bought an astra, new. it spent more time in the repair shop than in her use. she finally sold it and bought a civic.. they're still using that 1997 civic..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    maybe the corolla, lancer, sentra, and civic. if you want more space, there're the camry, cefiro, accord, with their larger fuel appetites..
    i suggest you stick to japanese cars. they are much more easier and cheaper to maintain than europeans.
    my colleague once bought an astra, new. it spent more time in the repair shop than in her use. she finally sold it and bought a civic.. they're still using that 1997 civic..
    Thanks so much po

10. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jaganda View Post

if you have problem sa opel mo try OPEL PARTS PHILIPPINES AT F.B. OWNER IS DENNIS 0905-5887341 at magaling na mechanic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast