New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i live about 300 miles east of orlando.

there are many good non-major hotels/motels around the area. i suggest you check hotels.com, because not only do they have really good deals, they also have pics and user reviews of hotels to make sure you're not renting a total dive. another good place to check is Extended Stay America, which rents studio apartments with full maid service..."apartelle" yata ang tawag nyo dun. very clean and convenient.

motel 6 imo is horrible. i'd look into holiday inn or comfort inn before i went there.

orlando airport is pretty small, so it's tough to get direct flights. i'm pretty sure there are no direct manila to orlando flights. the biggest carrier is know that goes there is Delta. you most likely would have to connect through Atlanta.

i highly suggest he rent a car. it's very tough to get around Florida without one.

let me know if you have more q's and i'll try my best to help.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    i checked out NWA's website, it seems irregardless of number of stopovers, the rate is still the same.
    ahh .. it might be because you're coming from an international flight kaya parepareho lang yung rate ... if you're taking a domestic flight kasi in the US ... mas mahal yung direct flights with no stopovers ... motel 6 is decent enough if you're on a budget ... i don't think you'll be spending a lot of time in the room anyway so no real point in getting a more expensive room especially if your by yourself ... but i also take into consideration where i'm going after ... so i try to get a cheap place near where i'm going to be ... you might need to take a cab to get around and it can get pretty expensive ... better yet, rent a car ... you can use your philippine license ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much ba ang cab sa US?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    not sure how much .. i think it differs per city .. when i was in this small town in illinois .. flag down was $1.50 .. tapos bilis pumatak ng metro .. i was paying mga $5 for a trip to the grocery na siguro yung distance eh mula length of ayala from edsa to rufino ...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Expect bookings for hotels to become harder as the US summer season is already coming in. We stayed in the Quality Suites before and it's okay (similar to Comfort Inn). They all usually serve breakfast.

I'd also recommend your Cuz rent-a-car. He can make arrangements to pick it up and drop off at the airport already... More mobility and probably cheaper then taking a cab/bus place to place, all he needs is a good map.

Try checking out local US carriers like Delta, etc.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, it depends on the city, but it's ridiculous in florida. rent a car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rent a car, its fun driving in the US. I usually use hotels.com to book my hotel in US, they always have good deals, and reviews+pictures are already in there so you'll have an idea how's the place looks like.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang ba mag rent a car sa US for a first time visitor?
    Signature

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    ok lang ba mag rent a car sa US for a first time visitor?
    yep .. no problem .. yung nga lang .. bring a map pag di sanay .. once you miss an exit .. nakaka-disorient kung paano bumalik ..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron bang nakukuhang mga free maps sa mga airports?
    Signature

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Anyone familiar with Orlando, Florida?