New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi, ask lang sana ako ng opinion if it is still worth to keep my 2000 exalta STA?

Nakuha ko kasi ito sa brother ko.

After I got the car 6 weeks ago, pinagawa ko na ung power steering hose. Then I had this idling problem which rapide diagnosed as a problem with the throttle and airflow sensor which should cost me alot of money.

So pinagawa ko nalang ito sa talyer sa may quirino, pinalinis ko nalang yung throttle and nag palit ng air filter.

Question lang sa nissan owners, madami ba talagang problema yung exalta? Im wondering lang kasi kung worth to keep, or will it just give me more headaches?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First, Rapide is not the best nor 2nd best nor 3rd best place to have your car checked and serviced. They will misdiagnose your car's problem and charge you an arm and a leg in the process.

The power steering hose, it's a regular thing to replace in most cars with power steering. The idle problem is a known problem with GA16DE engines and easy to fix in a few minutes. You can check the guys at NISSANBAYAN forum. Their website is at http://www.nissanbayan.com

As for selling it, you can sell it but it is still a good car even for today's standards. It would fetch a good price if you do decide to sell it. As with any older cars, mechanical wear & tear issues will crop up but the car will generally be reliable with the normal maintenance schedules.

If it was up to me, I would keep the car for a few more years.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I will just keep it to be honest. Mababa kasi resale value ng mga Nissan Exaltas na yan lugi ka lang if you try to sell it....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the heads up on this. Worried kasi talaga ako.
    Will check out nissanbayan!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, still worth it IMO....

talagang dadami problema ng exalta mo, sa rapide mo pinagawa eh...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO, sure if it serves its purpose...
    i like to think na you'll learn to love the car habang tumatagal kahit puro gastos sa repairs.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Honestly, I like the Exalta! I had a 1998 Sentra before and I always thought that its later-released facelifted version with the tag "Exalta" was one of the better, executive-looking compact sedans around! And, to be honest, the later Sentras were and are one of the sturdiest Japanese cars around!

I just sold my 1998 Sentra to help fund and to give way to what will be my very first brand new car! Otherwise, I would have kept it for a little longer.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i also agree that the car is still worthy to keep. but that's IF you can't afford to buy a brand new car. kasi kung papalitan mo rin lang ng 2nd hand (unless upgrade to an suv, auv or pickup), then might as well maintain what you have since you already know its service/problem history. otherwise, do what mqavila did - sell it and get that brand new car. :D

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    keep the car. in my opinion, basta regular lang maintenance mo, it is a reliable daily car. you cannot expect a second hand car to run like brand new. kung ibebenta mo yan at second hand din ang ipapalit mo, sasakit din ulo mo sa maintenance. good thing at sa brother mo nakuha yan at least may idea ka sa history ng car.

finding that elusive "nothing to fix" second hand car in terms of golf is like hitting a hole-in-one

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sorry pala hindi ko na mention sa post ko.
    In case I sell this I plan to get a new car.

What I have in mind is the new altis, civic, or the impreza (bad influence yang si istan sa akin... ).

Medyo contradicting nga ang situation ko eh, work from home kasi ako, so minimal car use.
    Pero natatakot ako sa sakit-ng-ulo sa future dahil sa old car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is is worth it to keep an exalta