New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^in that case just sell your brother's sentra na lang and get that new car you're planning to have. the collective cost of maintaining the old sentra will probably cost as much as the pms of your new car. plus, the peace of mind of driving a brand new car is irreplaceable and oh-so-satisfying

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    properly maintained, the sentra exalta is a very good car still worth to keep and to be driven daily.
    there can be a few problems, but expect them in almost any car 8-10 years old. A brand new toyota, honda or nissan is perhaps a better car.
    I suggest using the sentra while you save up, then sell it while it still has value, or before an impending major problem, to add to you car payment.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by meateater View Post
    sorry pala hindi ko na mention sa post ko.
    In case I sell this I plan to get a new car.

What I have in mind is the new altis, civic, or the impreza (bad influence yang si istan sa akin... ).

Medyo contradicting nga ang situation ko eh, work from home kasi ako, so minimal car use.
    Pero natatakot ako sa sakit-ng-ulo sa future dahil sa old car.
    kung yung mga ilang problemang nabanggit mo sa first post mo medyo natakot ka na sa gastos ng sasakyan, well, i guess you should sell the car na lang.

all 2nd hand cars have to be fixed up some way or the other upon purchase. kait gaano pa ka-sariwa yan. kung hindi man mechanical, maybe in oil changes, spark plugs, etc etc. most people kasi, expect a solid reliable ride upon getting a used car for a premium price, tapos sakay na lang sila ng sakay kasi nga mahal ang bili at wala na papa ayos kuno. couple months down the line BOOM sabog yung power steering pump may tulo pala na maliit naubos yung fluid. o kaya umikot yung conrod bearings kasi wala na oil. tsk tsk. then they blame the car, sirain daw, when all these could have been avoided by simply having the car PMS'ed.

hindi biro ang mag-kotse. you're not driving a measly, 5000 peso appliance like your washing machine. you're driving a complicated blend of machine and electronics. take care of it well, and it will take you to nice places.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think you better keep it, wala ka ng gastos..eh bihira mo lang naman gagamitin eh.....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    everyone, thanks for the insight!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is is worth it to keep an exalta