New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if you have a little mechanical backround or inclined to be a DIY then you can install it yourself. its a straight forward installation, all things needed are supplied, can be installed in a day. you dont need to adjust the boost its preadjusted to specs to protect the engine components. we have installed one already of the safari turbo kit in a terrano with great results.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ARB? Anthony Ronald Brown of the ome suspension fame?
    is the kit available locally? how much kaya pls?
    manufacturer's warranties still apply if done inshop?
    got my suspension from the Sabio store last year

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nope just a nick. kit was ordered direct from Oz. cost about 100k.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    just some info, if you buy the kit locally (as in your sister buys it in Australia) you will have to pay the 10% gst. i don't know if you can claim it when you send the item out of the country (like they do in Singapore)

andy

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks for the info luckytruck. i remembered that thing about death and taxes tuloy.

arb, you ordered thru the net or pabili?

thanks all

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    another bit of info, ang axt turbo sa australia, ang bilis magreply ng email. they have sold a number of turbo's na dito sa pinas. ang friend ko, bumili para sa frontier niya. ang tulin daw talaga.

andy

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas kaduda-duda naman matapos mong gatusan ng more than 100K tapos wala kang mararamdamang improvements.

Pag-iisipan ko muna ng 100,000 times kung kaya ko bang gumastos ng ganung kalaking halaga. :D

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yup, medyo may kalakihan nga ng cost. i even estimate it to be in the region of 150,000 pesos kung galing australia all components, including exhaust na and intercooler.

the only scenario that would make me get a turbo for a patrol would be that if i were choosing between a converted land cruiser for about 800,000 and a local patrol for about 650,000 plus add 150,000 for the turbo, then both will be 800,000 pesos. interesting decision to be made yan.

i would go for the turboed safari. i just don't like converted units, personal opinion lang.

andy

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thru the net, then nag pa wire transfer sa kanila. please specify na door to door package so that you wont pass thru customs. or better pabili and have them door to door. if you pass by customs that would be another 20k.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    mas ok ba axt sa aps?
    would you know w/c is cheaper?
    what would you get if ever?
    what forwarder did you use?
    sorry ha daming tanong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
turbo the patrol