New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kideex View Post
    *ghosthunter
    thanks sir.. but i guess i just saw one last year, se-r (two door sentra) and the antenna is infront fender..
    red orange color? B13 model? ... I think I saw the same car. But given the rareness of the car in the Philippines, its pretty much unobtainable unless you know the owner.

anyways wat fc ng sr20de nyo sir? considerate pa ba ang consumption?
    in city driving, I can get anywhere between 5 to 8 km/L with aircon running. Not bad for a car that gets an estimated 170hp from a sr20de (stock is 140hp).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by karlbo View Post
    gh and niky,

planning to mod my exalta. engine still on stock. IHE will be done at SMT probably early 2009. (if i wont be able to get a pickup by then yet)

any suggestions on modding it? after a full IHE what can i do since it is a matic transmission.
    I suggest waiting and plan out a modification path and goal. That way you can maximize the benefits of your money.

What do I mean with "path"? ... well if you target installing a turbo, you might want to hold off installing headers because it would be junked when the turbo is installed. You can focus on other stuff instead like upgrading suspension and brakes.

Personally, trying to do N/A mods on the GA16DE is not going to make much difference and the result would increase your FC. A more worthwhile upgrade would be to turbocharge it BUT the cost would be more than doing a straight engine swap. In the end, its either you keep the engine stock or swap it for a better engine.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I suggest waiting and plan out a modification path and goal. That way you can maximize the benefits of your money.

What do I mean with "path"? ... well if you target installing a turbo, you might want to hold off installing headers because it would be junked when the turbo is installed. You can focus on other stuff instead like upgrading suspension and brakes.

Personally, trying to do N/A mods on the GA16DE is not going to make much difference and the result would increase your FC. A more worthwhile upgrade would be to turbocharge it BUT the cost would be more than doing a straight engine swap. In the end, its either you keep the engine stock or swap it for a better engine.

Thanks GH!...

research research pa and isip isip. Thanks..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i went the sr20de way... can't wait to boost it... moolah where are you? hehehe...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fishda View Post
    i went the sr20de way... can't wait to boost it... moolah where are you? hehehe...
    You planning to boost? Have P120k ready for a proper job.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For me it's the SR20DE... GA16s are quick torquey esp. when tuned... but in the topend power kahit may turbo wala din. But since you mentioned the option of swapping... y not swap the more powerful SR16VE or 20VE instead!! NEO VVL- "double vtec" power!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by N-nigma View Post
    For me it's the SR20DE... GA16s are quick torquey esp. when tuned... but in the topend power kahit may turbo wala din. But since you mentioned the option of swapping... y not swap the more powerful SR16VE or 20VE instead!! NEO VVL- "double vtec" power!!!
    The problem with VE engines is the rareness and the cost of getting one. If you can afford buying one, you still have to deal with the rareness of it including spare parts if you happen to break something.

SR20DE and SR20DETs are more abundant and much cheaper to buy and maintain. Although not as powerful as the VE variant, a well tuned SR20DE can easily exceed 150 wheel HP and still be reliable as a daily driver and give decent FC figures as well.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The problem with VE engines is the rareness and the cost of getting one. If you can afford buying one, you still have to deal with the rareness of it including spare parts if you happen to break something.

SR20DE and SR20DETs are more abundant and much cheaper to buy and maintain. Although not as powerful as the VE variant, a well tuned SR20DE can easily exceed 150 wheel HP and still be reliable as a daily driver and give decent FC figures as well.
    Alam ko sir accesible na ang NeoVVL engines ngayon esp. the SR20VE from the Primera.. Around 60 to 70k and oem parts and performance of the SR engines are mostly interchangeable. Madami din aftermarkets to, u can get in sa Japan or in the west.

Eto na lng sir kesa turbo GA or SR20DE!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea_318 View Post
    Alam ko sir accesible na ang NeoVVL engines ngayon esp. the SR20VE from the Primera..
    exactly, only mainly from the Nissan Primera. And how many of those cars were sold locally? ... zero. Hence if you break something, pray you can find a replacement without having to ride a plane to japan.

Around 60 to 70k and oem parts and performance of the SR engines are mostly interchangeable. Madami din aftermarkets to, u can get in sa Japan or in the west.
    I take it you don't drive a car with a SR20DE under the hood. Parts for the SR20DE might look similar but there are many different models & year variants of the SR20 and the parts don't aways fit nor work if used in a different version of the SR20.

Minimize the headache of sourcing rare parts.

Something as simple as a compatible dashboard, i couldn't find a replacement for. What else if something critical broke and it's not a generic part?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    exactly, only mainly from the Nissan Primera. And how many of those cars were sold locally? ... zero. Hence if you break something, pray you can find a replacement without having to ride a plane to japan.

I take it you don't drive a car with a SR20DE under the hood. Parts for the SR20DE might look similar but there are many different models & year variants of the SR20 and the parts don't aways fit nor work if used in a different version of the SR20.

Minimize the headache of sourcing rare parts.

Something as simple as a compatible dashboard, i couldn't find a replacement for. What else if something critical broke and it's not a generic part?
    Sir, I'm not sure lang din ha pero I've known some guys na naka 20VE and parts like compressor, alternator, even tranny are SR engine's common part iba lang ofcourse tranny ng Silvia coz it's RWD.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
sr20de or turbo ga16de?