New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidingmy240sx View Post
    the SR20DE engine is a better all-around engine, where you're gettin a good amount of power, torque, good delivery, reliability and fuel consumption over a turbo GA16DE. I mean, i do have an SR20DET in my S13 in the States...and when i stay outta boost, i do get really good gas milage.
    So are you in the USA now?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    lol...im back in the Philippines for a month! im in Pampanga at the moment =)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidingmy240sx View Post
    lol...im back in the Philippines for a month! im in Pampanga at the moment =)
    Just checking because your current posts were from outside the USA. :thumbup:

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    in turboing ga16de you dont need to upgrade your " FUEL INJECTORS " just use safc promise ive done this to my ga16de ,My car now runs an sr20de+t no injectors was replaced just put em an safc, thats is...

The major problem in swapping an sr20 is the axle you need to find a p11 axle to fit your wheel hub,purpose of it is to fit it into your stock hub no conversion will occurs or the big altima axle but you should have wheel hub of an altima,the mounting of the engine support at the engine side you need to shorten the ear piece of the support so that it wil fit the bracket,and at the firewall and trany side both the sam process.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by akotataymo View Post
    in turboing ga16de you dont need to upgrade your " FUEL INJECTORS " just use safc promise ive done this to my ga16de ,My car now runs an sr20de+t no injectors was replaced just put em an safc, thats is...
    GA16DE injectors for turbo application do not have enough flow even with SAFC because that is what I had in my old GA16DE-turbo setup. It was running lean as the engine approach the redline. This also limits the amount of boost you can do (not that you want to do major boost levels).

SR20DE turboed with stock injectors is not a problem if you keep to modest boost levels though.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by akotataymo View Post

The major problem in swapping an sr20 is the axle you need to find a p11 axle to fit your wheel hub,purpose of it is to fit it into your stock hub no conversion will occurs or the big altima axle but you should have wheel hub of an altima,the mounting of the engine support at the engine side you need to shorten the ear piece of the support so that it wil fit the bracket,and at the firewall and trany side both the sam process.
    lol...Injectors are a must on turboing a N/A car. Even when you turbo a KA24DE for a 240SX...you MUST upgrade to AT LEAST the SR20DET's 370cc, but that isnt gonna support much up until 250hp-ish worth of boost.

and in the states, the Sentra SE-R comes stock with the SR20DE...so no need for any Altima stuff. Just find SE-R parts.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    are se-r specs available in philippines? san shop po available?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kideex View Post
    are se-r specs available in philippines? san shop po available?
    Sentra SE-R are not available in the Philippines but you can upgrade a typical Sentra sedan with SE-R spec stuff including the engine (sr20de engine swap), suspension (aftermarket suspension), and brakes (front/rear discs).

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    *ghosthunter
    thanks sir.. but i guess i just saw one last year, se-r (two door sentra) and the antenna is infront fender.. anyways wat fc ng sr20de nyo sir? considerate pa ba ang consumption?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    gh and niky,

planning to mod my exalta. engine still on stock. IHE will be done at SMT probably early 2009. (if i wont be able to get a pickup by then yet)

any suggestions on modding it? after a full IHE what can i do since it is a matic transmission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
sr20de or turbo ga16de?