New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    goodeve mga sirs meron akong engine na DNE gusto ko pa ibaba yung idling ang problema asan yung idling screw? can someone give me a description? thanks sobrang maapreciate ko yung magreply antagal na nasa akin itong kotse pero hindi ko mahanap yung idling

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hmm, not sure but since both are EFI engines already, I think the settings are pre-set and would need the CONSULT to adjust.

Bring it to a shop that has this special gadget if not an authorized Nissan dealer.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ok sir thanks

nung una tumaas tinanggal ko baterya tapos tumama na yung idling pero parang feel ko mas maganda pa kung nakababa pa ng onte

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kulotz View Post
    ok sir thanks

nung una tumaas tinanggal ko baterya tapos tumama na yung idling pero parang feel ko mas maganda pa kung nakababa pa ng onte
    Hmm, from my experience, idle should be around 750-800. That way, you reduce unnecessary fuel consumed.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You don't need CONSULT to adjust your idle on a GA16 if there's nothing wrong with it.

All you need to do is the following:

1. Warm up and shut off
    2. Disconnect fan and TPS
    3. Restart and rev 3 times to 3000 rpms
    4. Adjust via idle screw, clockwise idle decreases, counterclockwise idle increases
    5. Once idle is set, turn off and reconnect TPS and fan

From here:
    http://www.nissanforums.com/ga16de-1...st-timing.html

Used to adjust the idling on my car this way. You need to disconnect the TPS, or it'll relearn around the idle adjustment.

Question: what's the idle at, now? If you lower it, you might need to bump up the timing a bit to get it stable. There's instructions on how to adjust the timing on the same page. If you don't have a timing light and can't do it yourself, print out the instructions for whichever mechanic you are going to. Most don't understand the adaptive nature of EFI and will fail to disconnect the TPS during timing adjustment.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    There you go, my apologies for the wrong assumption.

* niky: Any chance you could post a pic showing where the idle screw? It seemed our friend here does not know where it is located. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You don't need CONSULT to adjust your idle on a GA16 if there's nothing wrong with it.

All you need to do is the following:

1. Warm up and shut off
    2. Disconnect fan and TPS
    3. Restart and rev 3 times to 3000 rpms
    4. Adjust via idle screw, clockwise idle decreases, counterclockwise idle increases
    5. Once idle is set, turn off and reconnect TPS and fan

From here:
    http://www.nissanforums.com/ga16de-1...st-timing.html

Used to adjust the idling on my car this way. You need to disconnect the TPS, or it'll relearn around the idle adjustment.

Question: what's the idle at, now? If you lower it, you might need to bump up the timing a bit to get it stable. There's instructions on how to adjust the timing on the same page. If you don't have a timing light and can't do it yourself, print out the instructions for whichever mechanic you are going to. Most don't understand the adaptive nature of EFI and will fail to disconnect the TPS during timing adjustment.
    sir DE po engine nung nasa page DNE po akin at ibang iba talaga layout hai walang tachometer sentra ko kasi ex saloon pero ramdam ko nasa around 850? kasi dati mas mababa pero tamang tama lang siya . Me timing light po ako at alam gamitin nung mekaniko namin?

pati saan po yung TPS ng mga DNE na makina?? ang daming puwede hugutin na kamukha nung nasa guide? yung mga iba na hinugot ko namamatay engine alin kaya dito?

maapreciate ko ang mga magrereply maraming salamat po

btw eto po itsura nung engine (nakuha ko sa website hindi ito yung makina ko hehe hindi ako makaupload eh pero yan yung saktong itsura ng engine ko)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    There you go, my apologies for the wrong assumption.

* niky: Any chance you could post a pic showing where the idle screw? It seemed our friend here does not know where it is located. Thanks.
    NP... while it's always safest to go to the dealership for these things, there are some things we can do on our own...

Unfortunately... I've never owned a DNE engine... it looks like the gray plug on the left side is the TPS, but I'm really not sure... it could be the MAF. I'd need a clearer pic with the air tube removed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    awts hindi ako makaupload pic me clear shot pa naman ako
    me nakuha ako from another website

btw sir me wire na pag hinugot ko instant dead agad yung makina tapos yung tunog niya parang nasasakal anung wire kaya yun?

pati sa tingin niyo yung sa bandang wire ng throtle andun kaya idling screw? pag pinihit ko kasi tumataas idling kaso ang problema nakatodo pihit na palayo eh hindi ko parin makuha yung desired na baba.

yun kaya idling screw? kelangan ko lang siguro sundin yung nasa link na binigay niyo para bumaba what do you think sir?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    bosing saan nyo po nabili yung timing light nyo?
    gusto korin kasing bumili para sa sentra ko.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
sentra owners with GA16DNE/GA14DNE HELP!