New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Try to see if your TPS is still up to spec bro.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68593

Also, try to address one issue at a time. In my case, whenever I tried to resolve idling issue, I only set/change idling via the "idle adjustment screw". This also include checking/verifying sensors (TPS, etc.), and most of the time dismantling and cleaning them together with the throttle body (TB). Sometimes, it's best to check the vacuum hoses for any leaks.

When I need to change/set my ride's timing (advance or retard because I want to change fuel such as going for a higher RON rate (XCS, Blaze, etc.) or going for a lower one (Xtra Unleaded, E10, etc.), then that's the only time I play with the distributor.

Hope this help.
    Thanks for the advice.

I'll check for vacuum leaks and try to change the TB gasket probably it wasn't changed when it was dismantled. Also I didn't see the dismantler place a sealant onto the IACV I'll check this as well.

I'll post updates and pictures as well.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kurby View Post
    I haven't had the distributor checked, no oil leak though...

Do you thnik I should get new HT wires? How much will it cost?

Thanks!
    have the distributor checked for pulsating current. a good electrician can do that and diagnose if the ignition coil is working fine.

my car's erratic idling was caused by a bad oil seal that destroyed the ignition coil. upon the changing the ignition coil and oil seal, the car idled fine.

you can also have your HTW wires checked by a good electrician.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mine is automatic, san ko po i- set ung base idle, sa park or kung nka neutral cya? Sakit sa ulo din ung idle...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    sir, makigulo na rin ha. kaya mo ba gusto i adjust yung idling, para sa non aircon or aircon operation ? ang design, sa tanda ko ng electronics niya. ma adjust mo yung non aircon idling. pero kapag nag on ka ng aircon, ang signal ng idling, galing na sa ecu, at hindi ito ma adjust. parang naka preset ang idling nya kapag naka aircon ka. kung naka automatic ka naman, tama lang siguro ang 850rpm lalo na medyo dated na engine mo, pero kung manual trans ka, sayang nga ,kung hindi mo maibaba ang idling sa non aircon condition

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
sentra owners with GA16DNE/GA14DNE HELP!