New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The Xtrail drives like a car, well yeah. A friend of mine has it, the only complain that im hearing from him is it's very bad FC. about 6-7km/l.
    Your friend is probably used to driving a sub-compact car with a FC of 10-11 km/li. The X-Trail IS NOT a sub-compact car so I don't understand why people expect it to consume gas like one.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    People expect SUVs to be the miracle vehicle.

It should be able to carry 10 to 12 people with space to spare for 5 full luggages and various hand carried items. It should ride as if it was riding on air yet handle like it was on rails when driven fast. It should climb up steep roads and broken terrain as if it was a mountain goat. It should last 10 years without a single part being replaced aside from the sparkplugs, oil filter and tires. And after all that, it should get 15km/L in city roads and stop-go traffic conditions

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Your friend is probably used to driving a sub-compact car with a FC of 10-11 km/li. The X-Trail IS NOT a sub-compact car so I don't understand why people expect it to consume gas like one.
    i strongly agree

i myself is used to driving my Galant V6 as my daily commuter when im in the phils. When i bought an A/T diesel starex which consumes almost the same as the V6..then it doesnt bother me.

now im driving a '09 Camry 3.5 V6, the FC is hell a lot than my other rides, thank God that fuel costs just a few cents here.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

It should be able to carry 10 to 12 people with space to spare for 5 full luggages and various hand carried items. It should ride as if it was riding on air yet handle like it was on rails when driven fast. It should climb up steep roads and broken terrain as if it was a mountain goat. It should last 10 years without a single part being replaced aside from the sparkplugs, oil filter and tires. And after all that, it should get 15km/L in city roads and stop-go traffic conditions
    You said it best. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

You mean SUVs are not like that??? Dang now i have to cancel my order for that Ssangyong Rexton.

You hit the nail right on the head there... and 6-7km/L is not bad given its a 2.5L; heck its even better FC then the Escape 2.0 and previous gen CR-V 2.0.

On the crossbars for the hyperail, try checking with Thule.

I was also toying with the idea of getting an Xtrail as i came upon a low mileage 2.0 4x4 for less than 500K (and all it needed was a new fuel pump and a good interior detail) then transferring my LPG kit into it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hello! Xtrail owner here too!

I get about 5kms/ L city driving, 9-10kms/ L hiway driving
    But what ever. I love and enjoy the car regardless of the FC!

*chuckieholic, if you have other questions, you might want to also check this link

http://clubxtrailph.s1.bizhat.com/

My handle there is chef904.

Enjoy your new ride!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Planning to Get an Xtrail