New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    guys, i'm just curious. bakit walang nissan patrol sa US? GQ or GU body.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Patrol I believe is for the asian market while we have the xterra and armada here in the U.S.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i think din d ata pumasa sa safety standards ng US ang patrol?

by the way isnt the exterra, the xtrail counterpart and the armada eh pickup?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The main reason Patrol wasn't sold in the US market is, demand. It seems like Nissan could not penetrate the market for Patrols. Since they have their own SUVs which makes up for their market. Though I find Toyota LC's do make a niche for Asian SUVs.

Xterra and Xtrail are different vehicles. Which the latter is more refined for city use, being interms of size and specs. While the Xterra for more serious rough roads.

The Armada and Titan shares the same platforms. IFS and solid rears for more comfortable ride, since the Americans do prefer comfort than functionality. If they want an offroad performer, they would simply buy a Jeep Rubicon which has more parts and specs to offer. And the most important thing, its made in the US. Which they claim is far superior to other makes.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir ungas OT... pero may nakita ako sa roxas blvd kanina sa may yacht club..

2 door na current model PATROL? meron pala noon?? para siyang pajero na 2 doors... bakit hindi yan nilalabas dito

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    usually hindi nilalabas dito mga 3 door versions ng mga Patrol, Pajero and Prado dahil ata sa lack ng demand. hindi siguro bebenta mga yan dito.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    pero anung use naglabas sila ng patrol na 2 doors eh may mga exterra naman and extrail sa ibang bansa din wala lang just wondering...

although mas malaki ata siya kesa sa xtrail konti

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i wish they offered it a few years ago. i've always thought of the Patrol as a 'poor man's Hummer H1'

it would probably be a niche market SUV, because americans usually buy SUV's to take their kids to soccer practice or buy groceries (which is why Nissan developed the more cushy Pathfinder Armada)

now with the H2 and Jeep Rubicon on the market, it might be too late...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    m54 powered,

you've still got the 80-series land cruiser hehehe :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malakas sana ang demand ng 3door SUVs dito sa atin locally. Kaso ang iniisip ng mga nagbebenta sayang lang kasi karamihan ng SUVs natin ay long versions ang nasa market.

Meron pong new model na Patrol (GU) na 3door version, probably got it from grey market. May nakita na rin akong gumagalang red Patrol (GQ) na 3 door version with black rims installed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
no nissan patrol in the US