New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when i bought my 2005 innova, i was all praises, including the cold and strong aircon. i had it serviced always in the casa, because of the warranty, and because tamad ako.
    i found out after 3 years (wana warranty) that i had no aircon filter! i found out because i was having it serviced outside, and it was the banawe guy who informed me that i had no aircon filter (after all these 3+ years?!!). well, we looked around for a discarded filter in the shop, found a dirty one, cleaned it up and installed it, all free of charge. ok na saken used, mahal ang bago, e. hanggang today, 5 years later, it's still with me. i just wash it periodically.
    when i bought my second innova in 2012, same casa, first thing i noticed was the weaker (compared to my first innova) airflow from the aircon vent. and true enough, when i checked, the aircon filter was there.
    i believe that all them toyota cars come out of the factory, with aircon filter installed.

but is it possible that, because the aircon will work anyway and because it takes some hand acrobatics to check, almost no one checks their aircon filter when they buy the car new..?
    that the casaboys know this, and target the new filters themselves... no one checks, 'di ba? easy money..

i had my 1997 sentra for 14 years.. i still do not know where the aircon filter is located, if it has one even.. and i consider myself more knowledgeable than the average owner..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sometimes only higher end variants of a model are installed with an aircon filter.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Sometimes only higher end variants of a model are installed with an aircon filter.
    so how do we consumers know which has one, and which has only provision for one?
    don't we have a say on whether we want one or not anymore?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *isa, you can always go to a different Nissan dealer. So far, happy with Shaw and North EDSA.

Now, I gotta find out if mine has a filter. Saan kaya ito banda? Normally sa front passenger dash area, right?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually di yan problem, a lot of cars DON'T HAVE AIRCON FILTERS especially entry level cars to save on costs. The Ford Fiesta for example does not come with one which also shocked a lot of owners. But most higher trim cars come with one...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ true. our monty didn't come w/ one too so i had to buy from a reseller here at tsikot.

tinitipid lang talaga tayo ng mga dealers dito sa atin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12