New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 131 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Guys i've just acquired my Nissan vanette and i'm starting to re-condition it but DIY na lang sana sa mga pwede DIY. I've just recover the AC, so OK na yung AC nya. My next move is to change the air filter, clean the spurplug, clean carb then change oil then adjust the idling... any one here known a site for the engine of vanette or anyone can teach me where's the idling adjustment located.. hope to here soon..thanks a lot

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hei brothers!
    bago akong miyembro kaya pagpasensiyahan niyo na kung marami akong katanungan sa mga eksperto sa sasakyan lalo na sa mga van na pang-pamilya. Am planning to purchase a van but doesnt have any idea what to buy, that suits to my family of 5 members. Anyone who could suggest please i appreciate it very much in advance. He he he kaso mga bro limited budget lang ako eh, mga 175 to 200k lang kaya ko. pasensiya na kayo wala ako kasi alam pagdating sa sasakyan probinsiyano man ako manong, kaya konting unawa lang sa parte ko mga ka-grupo. I've read a lot in the thread about nissana vannette, liteace, townace, L300 but i want the members personal suggestions about this request.
    naimbag nga aldaw u amin! (good day to all of you!)
    kaKiko

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The most practical would be an L300, but the L300s in your price range are all pretty old.

With Vanettes, Liteaces and Townaces, the biggest issue is cooling. radiator and overheating problems are common on those vehicles.

The most comfortable, personally, is the Vanette. The later models have second row captain's chairs, console drink coolers (very useful) and twin radiator fans to alleviate the tendency older ones had for overheating. It's a very family friendly van, only let down by its tendency to drink lots of gas in traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The most practical would be an L300, but the L300s in your price range are all pretty old.

With Vanettes, Liteaces and Townaces, the biggest issue is cooling. radiator and overheating problems are common on those vehicles.

The most comfortable, personally, is the Vanette. The later models have second row captain's chairs, console drink coolers (very useful) and twin radiator fans to alleviate the tendency older ones had for overheating. It's a very family friendly van, only let down by its tendency to drink lots of gas in traffic.

Agree here with the Vanette. I still own a '98 model and I must admit that it still is the 'apple of my eyes', inspite of my 'other' 05 van and car.....

What I specially like about this van is that the rear mirror can be lifted independently. Great for stacking your groceries. Also, best headlights, coolest aircon, second row captain's chairs, very light power steering, cooler box, and it's just the footprint of a regular car,

BTW, I had the second condenser repositioned and added another auxiliary fan, so the overheating is gone....

Gas consumption?.... just be gentle on the gas pedal (not necessarily my style though).....

4303:gun:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by butsok View Post
    Guys i've just acquired my Nissan vanette and i'm starting to re-condition it but DIY na lang sana sa mga pwede DIY. I've just recover the AC, so OK na yung AC nya. My next move is to change the air filter, clean the spurplug, clean carb then change oil then adjust the idling... any one here known a site for the engine of vanette or anyone can teach me where's the idling adjustment located.. hope to here soon..thanks a lot
    malapit sa throttle cable..medyo kailangan mo tangalin yung takip ng battery and yung small cover sa side na may 3 screws.. dun mo masisilip yung throttle adjustment screw (may spring yun na Philips screw) then yung philips screw na gagamitin mo pang adjust dapat mahaba and you will insert sa may side ng battery para maabot yung idling adjustment.. sipatin mo lang maigi at pag na shoot mo yung screw adjust mo na lang sa tama...

also dont be confused with the Air Fuel Ratio adjustment screw...kasi baka yun ang ma adjust mo lalakas sa fuel yan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Vanette owner tanong ko lang anong size ng stock tire nya I recently got a Mazda3 gusto ko palitan ng goma sayang naman kung i swap ko less than 5K pa lang ang na tatakbo pwede kaya sa Vanette bigay ko nalang sana sa relative ko na may vanette. pero sure ako yung rim hindi pwede kasi 5holes ang mazda3 4 lang ang sa van.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, its 195/15/65.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parang 185R14 yata....I'll check with my brother. He inherited our vanette.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Stock rim is 14 inches. I still own one....

I'll check the exact tyre dimension when I get home tonight.... (I think it is 185 R14, though)....

6505:Bath:

Page 1 of 131 123451151101 ... LastLast