New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    May GX M/T power version na at alloy wheels at CD ang radio,618K nga lang!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hey guys, pa add na sa thread na to.

My mom will be getting the nissan sentra 1.6 gsx m/t. this will be the first time we'll be getting a nissan. Any feedbacks ba regarding the new sentra?

And tanong lang, pano ba ang procedure exactly pag kukunin sa dealer yung car (first time kase ng mom ko to buy for herself without my dad's help) she's scared kase baka bigyan sha luma stock or sumthin...

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    hey guys, pa add na sa thread na to.

My mom will be getting the nissan sentra 1.6 gsx m/t. this will be the first time we'll be getting a nissan. Any feedbacks ba regarding the new sentra?

And tanong lang, pano ba ang procedure exactly pag kukunin sa dealer yung car (first time kase ng mom ko to buy for herself without my dad's help) she's scared kase baka bigyan sha luma stock or sumthin...

thanks!
    1. If possible don't pay in cash, use a managers check. Financing ba kayo or Full Payment?
    2. Don't concentrate on one dealer, shop around, haggle with the salesman for freebies and discounts.
    3. When the big day comes inspect the unit thoroughly, bring a friend who is knowledgable in cars.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup... don't limit yourself to one dealer...

Try to play and bluff them into giving you freebies and discounts...

Also, inspect every nook & crany of the vehicle before receiving it... like small scratches and stuff. Be sure to bring along someone who is knowledgeable in cars to do this when getting your actual unit. Check the odometer if the mileage is already suspiciously high.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We have a Nissan Sentra of the same platform (2001 Grandeur). There's no problem with regard to the engine and performance side... the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is sensitive to dirt though and makes performance suffer so you should ask your servicing dealer to clean it everytime you bring the car for PMS (they usually do this free of charge with ours).

Be careful with the power door locks and power antenna though. That's the one that broke on ours (frigging Taiwan parts i guess).

Have you guys also considered other cars like the Altis and Civic?

Other tips:
    - Don't just go to one Nissan Dealer, go around and shop for the ones with the best deals (discounts and freebies)... that can give you an edge.
    - When the deal is closed, you can request to go to the stock yard and hand pick your unit from their stocks.
    - Pay by MC as aforementioned.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    We have a Nissan Sentra of the same platform (2001 Grandeur). There's no problem with regard to the engine and performance side... the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is sensitive to dirt though and makes performance suffer so you should ask your servicing dealer to clean it everytime you bring the car for PMS (they usually do this free of charge with ours).
    Ahh good, that's what i wanted to hear eh. Some people told me na panget daw kase performance ng Sentra. But a lot said na ok naman so mejo hati ang opinions about it.

Thanks sa mga tip! Will keep all in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Check the odometer if the mileage is already suspiciously high.
    How high is suspiciously high?

May pagka biglaan den kase ang decision eh. My Mom is trying to get rid of our 96 VW POLO Classic kaya ala ng time to consider other cars. Nissan offers trade-in as their promo so we thought na i-grab na yung opportunity. Hirap kase kame ibenta yung Polo baba ng resale value. Ayaw na ng mom ko ng hassle pagdating sa pagbenta ng kotse. Nagkataon den sa salesman, eh kakilala namen kaya sinagad na nya yung discounts na binigay sa men. Will try to learn more about the deal. I haven't been talking to my mom about it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if they have delivery trucks from the plant to the dealership... less than 20km lang dapat...

if they don't... less than 100km dapat...

ts1n1ta: Pag nabili niyo na yan, sali kayo sa Nissanbayan ha.

Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    How high is suspiciously high?
    Pag kayo pipickup usually wala pang 50kms takbo niyan. Yung samin mga 30+kms yung tinakbo nung pinickup namin. Actually it would be better if you picked it up, just in case may problem pili kayo ng ibang unit. One more suggestion, hingi kayo ng "service gold certificate" may free motor oil, service discount, wiper refill, car wash, etc.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Yung sentra ko (2004 model) nung nakuha ko sa NIssan UN, nasa 6km lang ang ODO.

Okay dun sa UN Ave branch nila kasi they give GCs (or voucher) for services, free or discounted services worth 70K.
    Last edited by philander; March 17th, 2005 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philander
    Yung sentra ko (2004 model) nung nakuha ko sa NIssan UN, nasa 6K lang ang ODO.
    Did you purchase it as a used car? Dapat used car price na yan. Wala na ba silang ibang unit? Baka naman test drive unit binigay sayo.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Nissan Sentra [Merged]