New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    O ba ito. Can you give me some light.Im new to cars and somebodys selling me for less 200k.Thanks a bunch mga sir:D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe you can enlighten us more on the details of the car thats selling for less than P200K. What car and model, transmission type, history, condition, modifications done, how many previous owners, re-painted, damages?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well to give you an idea, may ka officemate akong bumili ng 2nd hand na sentra series 3 super saloon A/T 96 model, nabili niya ito for 210k around 3 mos. ago lang, kakilala niya nabilan niya kaya't di siya nagtataka sa less than 50k na mileage nito. up to now no problem pa naman sa nissan niya

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by sauman
    well to give you an idea, may ka officemate akong bumili ng 2nd hand na sentra series 3 super saloon A/T 96 model, nabili niya ito for 210k around 3 mos. ago lang, kakilala niya nabilan niya kaya't di siya nagtataka sa less than 50k na mileage nito. up to now no problem pa naman sa nissan niya
    well, my fiancee bought her 2nd hand 97 sentra 1.6 series 3 A/T for P230K. That was about a year ago. No problems except for an idling irregularity during the first test drive... it was cured by a tune up by the original owner and verified during another test run. The car is fully stock except for the wheels which came from a later model series 3 sentra to replace the original five spoke nissan mags.

Before she bought this car, we looked over half a dozen other nissan sentra III 1.6 A/T...

Some were modified with the typical I/H/E mods. I turned these down because I smell these have been raced a bit.

Some were kinda worn down... example is the hazzard light switch, half of the symbol seems to have been scratched off by a sharp object. And the same car had shifting problems, it jerks between shifts... I later found out that the car was later diagnosed and had a tranny overhaul before it was sold to another person. Note: the guy trying to sell us the car was a sales guy from NISSAN UN Ave and kept on saying that the jerky shifts was a normal thing for that model Nissan Sentra III. I shook his hand and waved goodbye.

Some simply really showed that the owner never really maintained the car. Dirt everywhere, extremely dirty airfilter, thick black oil on the dip-stick (and a bit low too), engine sounds a bit irregular even in idle, squeeks in the suspension and some play in the steering wheel.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    of all the 1.6 liter cars i have driven, nissan has the smoothest running engine. very responsive and quiet.

in my experience, nissan din ang pinaka matibay na makina. i had a 92 sentra, 190,000 km, di pa na overhaul, pinong pino pa rin takbo.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Nissan Sentra 98 model series 3 FE and the fact na 40+ kms lang.16 valve-and very nice.With service records but the guy wants it for a 230 and i want to think twice.Nice 16" mags.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you can get the FE at less then 200K, that is a good buy. As long as you maintain the car properly, expect many many years of easy driving down the road.

Check the FF:
    - suspension
    - verify the service records with the dealer

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a great car. I owned 2 generations of Sentras: Sentra Series 2 and 3 both 1.6 liters. I never had a problem with them until I sold them 5 years later from the dealer. One of the best A/Cs in town. The DOHC 16V engine is very responsive, quiet and efficient. Basta alaga ka lang sa maintenance and it will never let you down. Just check the car with a trusted mechanic before buying it just to make sure. Goodluck.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Ok mga gurus.I'll check do that and thanks.Were still haggling and hope for the best...About the consumption ok lang ba since its a 16v engine.and another thing, the gas pedal were slightly hard, is it normal in sentra's?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mga pre, tanong ko lang mga comments nyo sa Nissan Sentra 93, ano ba mas ok LEC o JX? Musta mga parts? Mahal ba maintain ng Nissan Sentra? ok na ba yun para sa family of 4? gusto ko lang malaman ung advantages and disadvantages ng nissan.
    :bald: :D

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Nissan Sentra [Merged]