New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    An idea to save space but impractical. PPVs will always have longitudinal mounted engines since the pickups they're based on need the RWD with the load-carrying requirements.

I think the issue really is the cabin height more than anything else. Limited headroom forces designers to mount seats lower causing awkward seating positions. I think the Everest and MU-X/Trailblazer designers did a good job on this having the better headroom and interior space vs the Montero and Fortuner.

Going back to the Navara PPV, they have a good shot at becoming a sales leader if this is anything like how the Navara is with the pick-up segment in terms of mechanicals and design. Hopefully the 4x2 Auto variant is feature-loaded and not bare bones like the Navara 4x2.
    I'd still be willing to trade off rwd for fwd if it will improve cabin space while still being a lot shorter than a pickup. While I'm at it please come with eps.

I hope Ramesh realizes that the market has become a lot more demanding when it comes to features. That's something Toti missed out on the Xtrail, NP300 and Juke. But given his background as a finance officer I'm skeptical. I hope I'm wrong.

Re: sales position it's hard to tell where this'll land, Toyota I think is untouchable, with their branding. Mitsubishi is hard pressed on sales with their global sales dwindling so I'm sure the discounts will remain substantial, maybe even increase. Low price is always a volume seller.

I hope it comes out in 2017. 2018 is almost facelift time for the other ppvs. The proportions and general form factor look good though, don't they?

*OB
    Finally something we can agree on. The updated TBZ is coming soon though.

*Stock
    NP300 already has best in class ride quality. I don't think they need to copy the suspension of the Montero. Maybe just a bit more spring rate and damping to account for the heavier rear end.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    I hope it comes out in 2017. 2018 is almost facelift time for the other ppvs. The proportions and general form factor look good though, don't they?
    Fords' update by 2017/2018 will be significant imo. Over 500M$ invested in Australia in 2015. They almost took 1st spot in 2016 pickup sales in Australia by a small margin. Im sure they want that top spot. Ford is hungry...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Speaking of Mitsubishi Acquisition, hope they can take in the steering of Montero as well. Haven't driven the Navara, but I read that its steering is quite heavy.

I like how the design is masculine without looking too plump or round. The proportions are promising as well. I personally hope they can make this one of the roomiest in the segment, just like what they did with their X-trail and US-version Pathfinder.

And yes, I really hope to see this in 2017. Taking 3 to 4 years in converting the Ute to SUV is just too long

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Fords' update by 2017/2018 will be significant imo. Over 500M$ invested in Australia in 2015. They almost took 1st spot in 2016 pickup sales in Australia by a small margin. Im sure they want that top spot. Ford is hungry...
    Still hungry? Ford is really strong in Australia. I think the Ranger was #1 in 2015 before the new Hilux came out. Management likes to overachieve I think hehe.

*Junichiro
    The heavy or slow steering should be an easy fix. Question is if they will fix it at all or dismiss it as unimportant. Hopefully they take in what is said in reviews and forums like ours.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    *Stock
    NP300 already has best in class ride quality. I don't think they need to copy the suspension of the Montero. Maybe just a bit more spring rate and damping to account for the heavier rear end.
    Could use a little more damping. The NP300, even when there are only 2 people on board can bottom out on big dips taken at high enough speed.

I agree though, the SUV should be much better equipped. The NP300 even in EL Calibre trim is practically bare bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Junichiro View Post
    Speaking of Mitsubishi Acquisition, hope they can take in the steering of Montero as well. Haven't driven the Navara, but I read that its steering is quite heavy.
    it is quite heavy. and slooow. at times, it can be a handful to maneuver in tight spaces.
    Last edited by ptk675; September 14th, 2016 at 06:30 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ptk675 View Post
    Could use a little more damping. The NP300, even when there are only 2 people on board can bottom out on big dips taken at high enough speed.

I agree though, the SUV should be much better equipped. The NP300 even in EL Calibre trim is practically bare bones.

it is quite heavy. and slooow. at times, it can be a handful to maneuver in tight spaces.
    Undersized electric assist motor.

You'll note that the steering gets heavier the more you use it while parking.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Eh wala from the decription, para simbigat ng mgs luma pickups. Malamang previous gen Montero ang feel ng drive nyan

Walang ilalaban yan sa everest and Ranger sa pagka-convenient i-drive

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Hope the issues will be taken seriously when this will be released. They have all the new generation PPV's in their backyard to study about it

I hope they load this with more safety features. Nevermind those touch screen headunit or leather seats, but hope they don't strip this off with airbags, ESC, disk breaks and all.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Eh wala from the decription, para simbigat ng mgs luma pickups. Malamang previous gen Montero ang feel ng drive nyan

Walang ilalaban yan sa everest and Ranger sa pagka-convenient i-drive

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast