New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Based on rodoc's pictures above the Navarra based SUV looks good. A mixture of modern and traditional (boxy) design. However as per StockEngine's spy shots, i do hope that rear is temporary and not the real thing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    images.jpgnissan-navara-based-suv-front-three-quarter-rendering-1024x575_zpsr4r0oq2c.jpg

Found these on the net. Nice pictures. Its different from the spy pics posted earlier.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    More recent spy shots captured, link courtesy of Autoindustriya:

post9378.jpg

post9378_1.jpg

More pics at their website:
    http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...tion-body.html

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Best looking in segment. Brute xtrail.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Best looking in segment. Brute xtrail.
    Xtrail on steroids. Hehe. I hope the 3rd row is usable. The next gen PPV designers should maybe consider transverse mounting their engines. In this segment every inch of cab space helps.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Pag lumabas yan, wala na, wala ng mabebenta trailblazer

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Xtrail on steroids. Hehe. I hope the 3rd row is usable. The next gen PPV designers should maybe consider transverse mounting their engines. In this segment every inch of cab space helps.
    An idea to save space but impractical. PPVs will always have longitudinal mounted engines since the pickups they're based on need the RWD with the load-carrying requirements.

I think the issue really is the cabin height more than anything else. Limited headroom forces designers to mount seats lower causing awkward seating positions. I think the Everest and MU-X/Trailblazer designers did a good job on this having the better headroom and interior space vs the Montero and Fortuner.

Going back to the Navara PPV, they have a good shot at becoming a sales leader if this is anything like how the Navara is with the pick-up segment in terms of mechanicals and design. Hopefully the 4x2 Auto variant is feature-loaded and not bare bones like the Navara 4x2.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    An idea to save space but impractical. PPVs will always have longitudinal mounted engines since the pickups they're based on need the RWD with the load-carrying requirements.

I think the issue really is the cabin height more than anything else. Limited headroom forces designers to mount seats lower causing awkward seating positions. I think the Everest and MU-X/Trailblazer designers did a good job on this having the better headroom and interior space vs the Montero and Fortuner.

Going back to the Navara PPV, they have a good shot at becoming a sales leader if this is anything like how the Navara is with the pick-up segment in terms of mechanicals and design. Hopefully the 4x2 Auto variant is feature-loaded and not bare bones like the Navara 4x2.
    Im really hoping nissan will utilize its mitsubishi acquisition.

Remember the montero sport has the best suspension in segment. If they get this quality, its ride will be as good or better than that of the montero sport.

The engine is one aspect im really eager to read about.

I think this will have 750mm wading capability.

Sales leader? Impossible.. maybe 4th/5th tops.
    Last edited by StockEngine; September 13th, 2016 at 09:56 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Definitely not top 1, the Fortuner is untouchable, but around 800-1,000 units per month is doable. Look how Isuzu did. Alterra was a perennial laggard in sales bun with the Mu-X, they're top 3 in the segment. Same story with the Everest.

Regarding the mechanicals, 7A/T and the 2.5L high is good enough. Water wading of the Navara is only 500-600mm tops, a change in intake design and rubber mouldings will increase this.

Nissan still has some Brand value left to mount a redemption campaign, let's hope they don't mess it up.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Definitely not top 1, the Fortuner is untouchable, but around 800-1,000 units per month is doable. Look how Isuzu did. Alterra was a perennial laggard in sales bun with the Mu-X, they're top 3 in the segment. Same story with the Everest.

Regarding the mechanicals, 7A/T and the 2.5L high is good enough. Water wading of the Navara is only 500-600mm tops, a change in intake design and rubber mouldings will increase this.

Nissan still has some Brand value left to mount a redemption campaign, let's hope they don't mess it up.
    If its priced right and feature packed they might do over 400 monthly. I dont think they can supply 500+ monthly.

Mux and everest had supply issues the first years because of thai&australian market demands

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast