New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    At the dealer I noticed the D23's is quite a bit lighter bro. The hood seems heavier though. Might want to install dampers at the front end as well.
    Front and rear dampers from Thailand.

The rear required drilling(template included). I guess D23 have different lock, it has bracket hence no drilling.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hood damper

Sorry, wrong thread nsa D40 dapat.
    Last edited by 12vdc; March 10th, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ^^^ ok lang bro, for both dampers and hood lifters, from where you ordered?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    ^^^ ok lang bro, for both dampers and hood lifters, from where you ordered?
    Bought it here instead of online. Cheaper online but i dont wanna wait as i have many other things to do, P2.3k for both front and rear dampers, for all vehicle models.

Garage Elementz Car Accessories, #490 G.Araneta Ave., cor Del Monte, QC TL# 252 - 3220, 410 - 8588,

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Bought it here instead of online. Cheaper online but i dont wanna wait as i have many other things to do, P2.3k for both front and rear dampers, for all vehicle models.

Garage Elementz Car Accessories, #490 G.Araneta Ave., cor Del Monte, QC TL# 252 - 3220, 410 - 8588,
    thanks, highly appreciated.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    just to update the DIYers.. upgraded my speakers about a week ago. took 2 days to complete the activities with my assistant.

most of the sample upgrades in FB done by Mickey's are conversion of the front oval to the round thing. i've got the component 6x9 morel and it fitted nicely.

j67odk7.jpg

the plastic speaker mount an inch thick i ordered from Aliexpress was for a toyota, nevertheless, it was matching.

dps7uao.jpg

eh0g8kq.jpg

tested the mounting..

3z1s0kz.jpg

i ordered both the oval and round Roadkill foams from Amazon.

the killmat for deadening..

rear speaker...

hammering does helps if the magnets barely go in..

the 6in Hertz at the back also fits beautifully..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I alread had a 10in underseat powered sub at the front passenger side but i was not satisfied so installed one more at the back...

the class D amp is pretty decent and efficient for a pickup with a small battery..

small form factor but packs quiet a lot of clean sounding power.

so far, worked like a charm. budget setup lang but i got what i wanted.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    I alread had a 10in underseat powered sub at the front passenger side but i was not satisfied so installed one more at the back...

the class D amp is pretty decent and efficient for a pickup with a small battery..

small form factor but packs quiet a lot of clean sounding power.

so far, worked like a charm. budget setup lang but i got what i wanted.

Good job bro! Nice set up! But how's the sound overall? Did you still kept the under seat subs? What brandname is your subs fitted at the rear seat? Anong HU gamit mo bro? Magkano kaya ang inabot budget set up mo na yan? baka di kakayanin hehe. I'm planning to have a sound upgrade soon.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    my LED Tail light upgrade

remove the tail lights with two 10mm bolts. lift the original tail light carefully with a plastic prying tool and hold it firmly.

there are 6 wires on the connector

connect and solder the 6ohm load resistor (i made it from two 12ohm 10W ceramic resistors connected, soldered in parallel and insulated the connections with a ceramic sealant) to the signal lights wires and insulate with electrical tape. 6 ohms is required to retain the normal flash rate. no load resistor, flash rate is faster.

test the LED lights before final installation.

finally, install the new LED tail light assembly

i have more pics at imgur. photos here are limited by moderator.

Good job bro! very informative. will follow the steps. hehe

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nelyoung View Post
    Good job bro! Nice set up! But how's the sound overall? Did you still kept the under seat subs? What brandname is your subs fitted at the rear seat? Anong HU gamit mo bro? Magkano kaya ang inabot budget set up mo na yan? baka di kakayanin hehe. I'm planning to have a sound upgrade soon.
    thanks...kahit di gaanung mahal ang mga components napili ko but the sound quality i got i would say is pretty amazing. experimental lang yong rear sub ko kasi the one in front passenger side kahit ayos naman ang response pero feeling ko, kulang. i retained the front sub and added the rear. now it is more wonderful. rockera lang ang brand. china but by weight mabigat sya. roughly 6kg * 10in dia. deep sound kapag na burn in na nang husto. balak ko pang orderin ang 12in na cerwin vega underseat powered sub. mag ipon muna. old fashioned kasi ako kaya enjoy ko ngayon mga flacs ni greg karukas. my friends as well would attest the budget set up i have is bang for the buck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast