New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Hows the height of the 4x2 EL? Is it comparable with the 4x4? Just like the ranger? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by attorney View Post
    Hows the height of the 4x2 EL? Is it comparable with the 4x4? Just like the ranger? Thanks
    Ground clearance and overall height is almost the same, give or take a few mm. This is mainly due to the 18" tires and the addition of roof rails on the 4x4 variant. This model has higher ground clearance than the previous model and is about the same height as the Ranger pick-up. Published wading capacity is lower than that of the Rangers (800 vs 600mm), but I don't think I'll be testing this in flood waters that deep.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Pano kaya naging low pms? Ilan ang fuel filter nito? And bakit 7L lang ang oil, YD25 sump is almost 8L. Goodluck sa 20k interval, sana ayos na timing chain tensioneer nito.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^Siguro dahil every 10,000Km yung service interval ng new vs 5,000Km for the old model = Low PMS. Good luck kung isa lang ang fuel filter hehe. 7L change oil dahil di siguro nasisimot yung nasa sump pagpalit. I think it's good that they've brought back service costs to reasonable levels. A lot of other makes are charging exorbitant rates right now.. I hope they can stick with the lower rates,

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by disesaki View Post
    Ground clearance and overall height is almost the same, give or take a few mm. This is mainly due to the 18" tires and the addition of roof rails on the 4x4 variant. This model has higher ground clearance than the previous model and is about the same height as the Ranger pick-up. Published wading capacity is lower than that of the Rangers (800 vs 600mm), but I don't think I'll be testing this in flood waters that deep.
    Thanks boss. So installed with same tires as 4x4 same na sila then

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    So installed with same tires as 4x4 same na sila then
    I don't think it's the rim/tire combo, as both 4x4 and 4x2 Calibre rim/tire combos are 30" in diameter. Anyone think it's strange that Nissan keeps putting 255 wide tires when everyone else is using 265?

The top tier 4x2 is disappointing.. Stripped down compared to Ford's. Oh well. I'm curious to see how the new 7 speed matches the updated yd25. Pag di ako tinamad sa Friday traffic I'll go for a test drive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So installed with same tires as 4x4 same na sila then
    I don't think it's the rim/tire combo, as both 4x4 and 4x2 Calibre rim/tire combos are 30" in diameter. Anyone think it's strange that Nissan keeps putting 255 wide tires when everyone else is using 265?

The top tier 4x2 is disappointing.. Stripped down compared to Ford's. Oh well. I'm curious to see how the new 7 speed matches the updated yd25. Pag di ako tinamad sa Friday traffic I'll go for a test drive.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Would love to see one with the awesome 285/60 R18 wheels of the Patrol, which could make the ride height, at least for the 4x2 variants, on par with the 4x2 XLT Ranger. It seems to fit the all-new model very well.

The truck really has competitive specs, though for me, I saw that it has some niggles: the ride height or stance is kind of underwhelming for such a large truck, maybe due to combination of somewhat small tires & wheels. 4x2 EL Calibre variants could have had standard audio & cruise controls in the steering wheel and for the TOTL 4x4 variants, the seats and the side pads, as well as the other pads inside the cabin, could have been in leather, too. All of these, I think, can be already found even in the 4x2 Ranger Wildtrak but the Navara does make up for it, though, with a stronger engine, lighter weight, 7-speed a/t and the fact that it also comes with standard rear a/c vents.

Despite those mentioned niggles, the 4x2 variants are still decent when it comes to features, but of course, TOTL 4x4 variants are much better to have because they possess many newer features compared to the 4x2s and the older models.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Sino po may alam if Timing belt or Timing Chain ang bagong Navara? Yung verified po sana..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Good day.. Are the nissan dealers offering discounts for the navara np300? In my place, mitsubishi is offering Php 65T off for the 2015 strada plus an all-in package. Not to mention the bunch of accessories as freebies. TY

*I'm new here in tsikot.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    I'll be getting the 4x2 a/t EL calibre, all the features is just about right for its price