New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i read on the dmax thread that a navara was stuck in the track that was used by isuzu vehicles. this happend on the dmax bondock LE 4x4 launching daw in bacolod. they said that navara drivers didn't tend to go to the deep parts of the track cause of the fear that it will stuck. you have to apply higer rev to achieve the giant torque, which makes it not suitable for off roading. is this true? can anyone confirm it?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bro JJ,

Depende din siguro sa driver, pero what can I say expect comments from the Nissan Fanbois here.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i dont believe this. kaya naman ng Navara. Maybe sa driver lang yun.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i agree with sir av8or5, nasa driver yun...

sabi nga ni moxxxs dun sa kabilang thread..."its not the pana, its the indian!" hehehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nagkataon lang siguro kaya na-tsismis.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hell, even a Range Rover can get stuck if you beach it properly.

The point is, it can happen to anyone, any truck, any SUV. While it may be easier to get stuck using certain SUVs (BMW X3 anyone?), if you're not careful it can happen to you regardless of what your rig is.

A huge portion of actual off-roading is investigating the terrain you want to tread, so as NOT to get stuck.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I don't think that just because a truck like this got stuck as described here makes it less capable.

Heck, this happens even to the best car and driver.

Besides, would you really go through this kind of terrain everyday? You'll be lucky if got into a situation like that in a year.

just my :twocents:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    baka kasi track ng boondock edition ng dmax yun e. so malamang mahihirapan ang stock na pickup. sa gulong pa lang (HT vs AT), lugi na ang navarra. tapos mas mataas pa ata ground clearance ng dmax LE. well, malakas din naman talaga ang dmax. siguro bigyan mo lang ng tamang "trail gear"/setup at driver and navarra kaya din yan.

dagdag pa, the dmaxes were there para ipromote sila. so talagang hindi sila takot na masira. yung navarra hindi. so kung private owner ako, hindi ko rin isasabak sa ganung trail ang stock navarra ko.

anyway, i like both pickups. and i wouldn't mind if i get one that's not "off-road" capable. gwapo naman pareho eh hehehe
    Last edited by coiter; May 2nd, 2008 at 02:33 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hehehe , im expecting comments from nissan staff about this tsismis.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fedor View Post
    hehehe , im expecting comments from nissan staff about this tsismis.
    maybe breakstuff is comming

Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    baka kasi track ng boondock edition ng dmax yun e. so malamang mahihirapan ang stock na pickup. sa gulong pa lang (HT vs AT), lugi na ang navarra. tapos mas mataas pa ata ground clearance ng dmax LE. well, malakas din naman talaga ang dmax. siguro bigyan mo lang ng tamang "trail gear"/setup at driver and navarra kaya din yan.

dagdag pa, the dmaxes were there para ipromote sila. so talagang hindi sila takot na masira. yung navarras hindi. so kung private owner ako, hindi ko rin isasabak sa ganung trail ang stock navarra ko.
    baka rin.. naka at pala ang navara during the event? kaya naman pala..

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I don't think that just because a truck like this got stuck as described here makes it less capable.

Heck, this happens even to the best car and driver.

Besides, would you really go through this kind of terrain everyday? You'll be lucky if got into a situation like that in a year.

just my :twocents:
    ang akin lang po is even though navara has one of the best figures of torque in its class, it cant handle heavy off roading. like ranger/everest, they are saying that everest is more capable offroader than alterra beacause of it's torque.. just a generalization though

sir fedor has the video of a navara in a muddy track. it takes some time for the navara to pass areas that are deeper and muddier.. maybe because of the tires. i think it can happen to other pickup/suvs..

*this thread has no offense meant against navara*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Nissan Navara not a capable offroader?