New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hehehe a li'l OT ang mura ng mga repo sa BPI. My friend is being offered a 2004 Sentra GS for only 290K, 350K naman sa 2005 Sentra GSX MT.

Btw, the engine is not the culprit but the body weight. Kung yung 1.5L engine sa 1.5DS ang ginawa nilang entry level engine. It might have given the Sentra a better FC.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by patmontes View Post
    Sir naging mga 7-8 na po ang FC... i'm now getting 303 km with 37 liters the last time i checked... baka nanibago lang po ang CAR dahil matagal na stock sa warehouse ng mga REPO... hehe...
    any more tips to save gas? i'll try to have it tuned up sa casa next time po.

question every mileage 10000 ba ang tune up? ang change oil every 5000? sa toyota ko ganito kasi practice ko e. same din ba sa nissan?

and last, what gasoline is best for my car?

thanks!
    sir use at least 93 octane unleaded gasoline(caltex silver, petron xtra or shell unleaded)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yep there's no getting around the Sentra's heavy body. If the QG13DE engine were mated to some other car, it'd likely return more kilometers per tank.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    sir use at least 93 octane unleaded gasoline(caltex silver, petron xtra or shell unleaded)
    Thanks guys for the tip!

As for the gas type, I'm trying out XCS, and as results, I get less mileage with this as compared to before when i'm using XTRA unleaded. I'm curious to try the E10 as said earlier in another forum.

As for the driving style, i must say that it economical to really drive around 2k rpm and when i'm uphill, i just shift to L2 or L1 as needed instead of flooring the gas while in D gear.

I'll contact nissan and check about my warranty....i hope it still has upto 2009.
    one more thing... When i have this changed oil, i'll use 10-40w or lower instead of 20-50w... do you think that would help with the FC???

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yan bago pa lng sir medyo masisikip pa.. magii,prove yan.. pag duda k p din.. ibalik mo lng sa casa para ma check ng mga technician yan

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I had 2 nissan sentras... yup, malakas sa gas but base on my queries before

1. Heavy Car

2. Engine is NOT that high tech, typical of Nissan (no Variable Timing, etc.) so hard to compare with the newer engines.

But, im very happy with the car, engine is very reliable... and actually cheap to maintain

Just my 2 cents

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    hehehe a li'l OT ang mura ng mga repo sa BPI. My friend is being offered a 2004 Sentra GS for only 290K, 350K naman sa 2005 Sentra GSX MT.

Btw, the engine is not the culprit but the body weight. Kung yung 1.5L engine sa 1.5DS ang ginawa nilang entry level engine. It might have given the Sentra a better FC.

Yeah, i check out the West Ave. repo warehouse of BPI whenever i'm in the area. Back in the late 90;s (1999) they were selling a local 200sx in very good condition for 600K! We almost bought the thing but someone beat us to it.

Speaking of the 1.5 DS, my friend's 1.5DS would get around 10-11km/L and it could touch an indicated 200kph on the Expressway (with a CAI).

Are the current QG engines on the N16 already 93 octane friendly? Our first gen N16 ('01) required 95 octane and was happy with Petron XCS.

Don't forget to clean the MAF sensor regularly as well. The QG MAF is sensitive to dirt and performance and FC suffers noticeably when it's not clean.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sir meron ako nissan sentra 1.3 engine na tune up ba un di ko kasi alam kung natune up o hindi pls help naman

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung hindi ka sigurado pa tune up mo ulit at tignan mo kung ano ginagawa at ikaw na bumili ng piyesa para alam mo na bago lahat ang inilagay sa makina mo.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    San Pedro > Makati > Tagaytay > Malabon > San Pedro ...

(via edsa and slex)

... mine only drank three increments worth in the fuel gauge
    ... one girl passenger and the a/c on...

... we even raced a City on EDSA nung pauwi na ...

Too bad our model of the the GX didn't have a trip meter...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
nissan N16 QG13DE GAS GUZZLER?