New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    mga sir. i have a 1 month old nissan sentra gx 2006 model manual transmission(1.3liter engine). sobrang takaw sa gas. Im averaging 6-7km/l city driving considering very conservative driving stlye(very light on gas pedal). Is this normal for a 1.3engine fuel injected type?

I know na malaki ang body compare to its engine. Is this the only valid reason kaya siya lumalaklak ng gas? I need your comments regarding this matter. T.Y

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    during the break-in period of the engine/car, the fuel consumption is usually a bit higher than normal. It should go down after the first tune-up.

BTW, driving conditions will affect fuel economy. Are you driving in heavy traffic most of the time?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    [/QUOTE] Are you driving in heavy traffic most of the time?

No. My route is from Paranaque using south expressway going to malate, manila. so Far hindi pa ako na heavy traffic especially rush hour.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    cool ka lang, mag-improve din yan. Just follow the break-in procedure. Speed < 100 kph, and rpm<3.5k.

yup, pag 1st 1,000 to 5,000 kms medyo matakaw talaga, pagkatapos nun, unti-unti na yan titipid...

ika nga virgin pa, mag-aadjust pa ung piston rings, etc ng sasakyan...may ong idling situations ka ba gingawa?consider mo din yon sa computation mo..

basta,be more gentle than gantle...kasi yang 1st 5000kms yan ang forming times nya..and dyan magdedetermin ng buhay at tipid ng car mo..
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; February 20th, 2006 at 04:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    salamat mga sir sa advice. cge kunting tiis muna malapit narin ako sa 5000kms. Medyo masakit lang talaga sa bulsa ang fuel consumption ng ride ko. Actually nasa casa ngayon pina check ko worried kasi ako baka may problem engine dahil nga malakas lumaklak ng gas.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    The FC is ok considering the weight to power ratio of the vehicle. but it will improve gradually my ride is doing 8 to 9 km per liter on city driving, with a lot of traffic pa. It started out between 7 to 8 pa nga. Pero pag highway its somewhere between 13-14 km pa, stable sa highway since the body of the sentra n16 is much adhered to the road because of its weight.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by automike View Post
    The FC is ok considering the weight to power ratio of the vehicle. but it will improve gradually my ride is doing 8 to 9 km per liter on city driving, with a lot of traffic pa. It started out between 7 to 8 pa nga. Pero pag highway its somewhere between 13-14 km pa, stable sa highway since the body of the sentra n16 is much adhered to the road because of its weight.
    Hi! i need help! i'm a newbie with nissan! I just bought my 1st ever nissan car despite the bad feedback from my relatives that it guzzles gas.
    Anyway. i bought a REPO from BPI, its a January 2006 GX a/t and it's mileage is 24k.
    Right after i bought it, i had the oil filter, air cleaner, oil and sparkplugs changed. I filled the gas up so i could measure the consumption, so far i'm only getting 5.8 km/l for my first full tank. by the way i used petron xtra unleaded for gas. I drove with the O/D on all the time
    My daily route is Katipunan to Marcos Hiway kingsville and back. No aggressive driving and rev is only at 2000rpm. No stop and go traffic, just a bit maybe at katipunan in the morning rush.

I need help!!! i think the gas consumption of 5.8km/l is too high! what more can i do to improve the consumption?? What other things should i have checked by my mechanic? help pls!!!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by patmontes View Post
    Hi! i need help! i'm a newbie with nissan! I just bought my 1st ever nissan car despite the bad feedback from my relatives that it guzzles gas.
    Anyway. i bought a REPO from BPI, its a January 2006 GX a/t and it's mileage is 24k.
    Right after i bought it, i had the oil filter, air cleaner, oil and sparkplugs changed. I filled the gas up so i could measure the consumption, so far i'm only getting 5.8 km/l for my first full tank. by the way i used petron xtra unleaded for gas. I drove with the O/D on all the time
    My daily route is Katipunan to Marcos Hiway kingsville and back. No aggressive driving and rev is only at 2000rpm. No stop and go traffic, just a bit maybe at katipunan in the morning rush.

I need help!!! i think the gas consumption of 5.8km/l is too high! what more can i do to improve the consumption?? What other things should i have checked by my mechanic? help pls!!!
    where did you get those maintenance items done? sa casa? or elsewhere? sometimes improper engine consumables make the car consume more fuel. i remember putting BKR type spark plugs on my crv once. yun plus fake na air filter. ay talaga naman nagmumog ng gas, even though it drank gas heavily na to begin with, mali kasi yung spark plug. dapat ZFRxx type. nakita ko nung pinagcompare ko malaki diff ng dalawa. pagbalik sa tamang spec nagnormalize ulit FC to 8 - 9, minsan 10 with a very very light right foot and no traffic.

you can also try checking the tire pressures. very important din ito. i run all my tires at 30-31 psi, on both my cars.

or try using a lighter, better, more fuel saving oil. somthing within the grades of 10w-40 to 5w-40. DONT use 20w-50! ang lapot nyan. and with todays tighter clearance machines, medyo hirap sila to push the oil around. the reason for lighter oil is less internal resistance within the engine, less fuel consumed.

last, have your atf oil checked or replaced. again to what the casa recommends (fluid).

hindi dapat ganyan kalakas ang FC mo. you should get at least 7-8.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sir naging mga 7-8 na po ang FC... i'm now getting 303 km with 37 liters the last time i checked... baka nanibago lang po ang CAR dahil matagal na stock sa warehouse ng mga REPO... hehe...
    any more tips to save gas? i'll try to have it tuned up sa casa next time po.

question every mileage 10000 ba ang tune up? ang change oil every 5000? sa toyota ko ganito kasi practice ko e. same din ba sa nissan?

and last, what gasoline is best for my car?

thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
nissan N16 QG13DE GAS GUZZLER?