New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Parang wala nang Nissan Diesel dito.

UMC has been around for quite a while indeed. Kinda reminds me also of DMG (Volkswagen) before.

It's quite logical to merge NMPI-Yulon and UMC (and kick out Yulon). Maliit na nga lang ang Philippine market.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^Parang wala nang Nissan Diesel dito.

UMC has been around for quite a while indeed. Kinda reminds me also of DMG (Volkswagen) before.

It's quite logical to merge NMPI-Yulon and UMC (and kick out Yulon). Maliit na nga lang ang Philippine market.
    I still see brand new UD trucks roaming around the metro in the form of buses. Engine and chassis only, then off to a bus body builder (Santa Rosa?). The older generation Nissan cars being distributed by UMC were the Laurel, 180B, 160B. Too bad they did not bring the Skyline (Hakosuka) here locally.

Re: DMG. The oldest and still operating VW workshop I've seen must be the one along Hanselma highway, from Baguio going to La Trinidad. It's still complete, along with the classic VW workshop sign.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    buti naman mag merge na, dami daming models nila wala dito sa atin

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    i hope this development will bring the juke in the country

come on... admit it, its not really the Juke you want to see.... you want to see the Juke R with the "Z" mechanicals.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    It's about time! I thought they were just gonna let the competition eat them up every year. Nagising na rin sila sa wakas. They can bring in Sentra, Note, Juke, Evalia, Pathfinder and diesel Xtrail first. I'm sure the they will also bring in Datsun in the future.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    come on... admit it, its not really the Juke you want to see.... you want to see the Juke R with the "Z" mechanicals.

That Juke-R shamed the Veyron on the quarter mile. And the gap wasn't even a car length upon reaching a mile mark. Impressive for the Juke.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I still see brand new UD trucks roaming around the metro in the form of buses. Engine and chassis only, then off to a bus body builder (Santa Rosa?). The older generation Nissan cars being distributed by UMC were the Laurel, 180B, 160B. Too bad they did not bring the Skyline (Hakosuka) here locally.

Re: DMG. The oldest and still operating VW workshop I've seen must be the one along Hanselma highway, from Baguio going to La Trinidad. It's still complete, along with the classic VW workshop sign.
    Daming VW running around Baguio it seems.

We had the Datsun/Nissan Laurel and 180B before (back in the mid to late 80s).

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    ...including an affordable "flagship" sports car.
    Too bad they're discontinuing the Altima Coupe next year, that would have fit the bill had they stuck with the VQ35...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Come on.. GTR... GTR... GTR.... I always wanted an Alpha 12 :naughty2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12