New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nissan Motor Co. to return to PH this year by merging NMPI and UMC - Industry News

...Nissan Motor Company is returning to the Philippines and retaking control of Nissan operations in the country. According to two sources within the Nissan network, Nissan this time will be a unified undertaking involving majority shareholder Nissan Motor Company of Japan and partners Yulon and UMC.
    Good news for the Nissan fans

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post

Finally!!! Having two separate "Nissan" companies that are hostile to each other was stupid from the start. It basically killed the brand in the Philippines since the late 1990s.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never understood the reason why there was UMC and NMPH selling the same brand cars in competition with each other. I sorta thought UMC was more into trucks and buses and delivery or passenger vans while NMPH was for the passenger cars and SUV/CUVs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    This is very very very exciting!!!! Calling all Nissan fanboys!!!!!! I'm really really, like, really happy to have heard the news this morning!!!!

I'm happy to see new Nissan models in the very near future.

Congratulations in advance to Nissan.

:D

https://www.facebook.com/AutoEncorePhil

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    This is very very very exciting!!!! Calling all Nissan fanboys!!!!!! I'm really really, like, really happy to have heard the news this morning!!!!

I'm happy to see new Nissan models in the very near future.

Congratulations in advance to Nissan.

:D

https://www.facebook.com/AutoEncorePhil

I am expecting to see the latest March, Sentra, CUV and SUVs from Nissan, including an affordable "flagship" sports car.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    i hope this development will bring the juke in the country

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *fingers crossed*

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nissan juke pleeeeaaasssseeee!!!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This is great news indeed! With VW coming over next year, and then Nissan re-establishing themselves here.

I am hoping Nissan will bring a lot of options, including Renault and Infiniti.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    UMC was in fact the first authorized assembler of Nissan vehicles here in the Philippines, dating back in the early 70's. NMPI only entered the scene in the 80's. Before, UMC was assembling MBs. There was a memorandum of agreement signed between Nissan Japan, NMPI, and UMC on exclusive assembly rights, hence during the 80's, vehicle assembly and production was split. Passenger cars going to NMPI, and utility vehicles going to UMC. Back in those days, it was clear cut. If you wanted a car, you go to NMPI for a Sentra. If you wanted a utility vehicle, you go to UMC for a Pathfinder.

But in today's world, its a bit different. Crossovers, AWD sedans, etc. And with the expiry of that memorandum, it was just a matter of time.

UD Trucks (Nissan Diesel) was formerly distributed by Columbian Motors. I don't know who is doing it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast