New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    In the compact pickup category, it has long been a four-cornered fight among the Japanese toughies Isuzu D-Max, Toyota Hilux, Mitsubishi Strada and the Nissan Frontier.

Last year, it was a match between the new generation Toyota Hilux and the Isuzu Fuego’s successor, the 3.0liter D-Max.

Before the D-Max/Hilux rivalry, there was one pickup that ruled the throne for four consecutive years from 2000 to 2003. And not one of its rivals held on to a four-year reign.

It’s now 2005 and the Nissan Frontier – with its new T3 Titanium – is set to reclaim its glory.

Last Monday, Universal Motors Corporation (UMC) unveiled its new Nissan Frontier T3 Titanium series based on a design concept of "bigger, bolder and better."

UMC Senior Vice President for Marketing Elizabeth H. Lee led the launching ceremonies at the UMC Building in Pasong Tamo, Makati City.

"So confident about the T3’s potential in the compact pickup market that even our Nissan counterparts in the Asean region attempted to have the assembly plants of the new Titanium in their country," Lee said. "But we (in UMC) insisted that the T3’s be manufactured here in the Philippines."

While maintaining the body configuration of the Frontier series, much was added on its exterior to spruce up its aggressive muscular image to debunk its image of being just a mere utility vehicle.

Most noticeable is the Nissan Original Equipment Manufactured (OEM) roof rack made of huge lightweight tubes that can take 55 pounds of cargo load. It is perfect for a bike rack and cargo bed. Unlike other aftersales overhead cargo racks, the T3 roof rack is aerodynamically designed so as not to produce a hissing sound when in high speed.

An exclusive Nissan Frontier T3 feature, its roof rack has a small wind deflector that flows with the front windshield angle to prevent wind drag. The new T3 roof rack clearly defines that this Frontier Titanium T3 series is a real "outdoor hunk."

Complementing the sporty roof rack is the all-side body cladding that fortified the awesome look of the massive over fenders that were first introduced in the first generation Titanium pickups. The neatly-mounted body cladding extends from the front door to the cargo bed, leading to the newly designed tail lamp.

The new T3 retained the rear chrome bumper with rubber matting design. Although it remained unchanged, it is one of the striking features of the Nissan Frontier.

The T3 also retained the black finish tail gate lid opener with the Nissan chrome badge.

Available only with the 4x2 drive train, the T3 Titanium is ready to take the beatings of Metro Manila’s bad roads that are expected to further deteriorate come rainy season.

Its huge 235/75 R15 rubbers mounted on stylish chrome allow mag wheels make it stand up on high ground ready to survive the perennial floodwaters.

Other new features of the T3 Titanium include the side mirror LED (light emitting diode) signal lights, a set of race-inspired two-tone leather seats and a rain sensor that automatically activates the wipers when water touches the front windshield.

The T3 Titanium series is powered by a 2.7-liter engine matched with a five-speed manual transmission. As compared to its rival, its engine is not turbo-aided and yet it packs 84 horsepower at 3,600 rpm maximum power output with a maximum torque rating of 176 Nm at 2,200 rpm.

The Nissan Frontier T3 Titanium will be running with the advance common rail power plants which have a reputation of being sensitive with the quality of diesel it can take.

The T3 manual variant’s TD27, four cylinder 2.7-liter in-line over head valve engine as well as the more powerful QD32 four cylinder, in-line overhead valve for the Frontier 4x4 variant have proven their dependability as workhorses has been strengthened by an impressive list of fleet accounts, from media entities, big manufacturing firms to the Philippine National Police (PNP).

Another Nissan Frontier secret is that it’s always competitively priced. In fact, the 2005 T3 Titanium 2.7-liter manual transmission is ready to go for P930,000, even P30,000 cheaper than the previous Titanium model, despite the many added features.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm a satisfied Frontier 2.7e owner (5 years and still going great) and honestly the new doo-dads won't really make any much improvement in giving the new Hilux and D-Max a good run for it's money (if i read the article right, it's still the old platform thats being used). The TD27, although very reliable adn can hold very well at comfortable speed on the highways, is already two generations behind the DI engines of the newbies. The D22 platform is very trucklike (cramped and bouncy)... we need the all-new Frontier!

My .002 ;)

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm also satisfied with the performance of TD27 but why nissan didn't put a turbo on it, i think this is one major reason why most buyers will choose an strada or dmax for its more powerful engine compared to a TD27 NA or QD32 .Its not always the new techmology that buyers want they want more power from a reliable engine.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Are they dreaming? They'd better wake up and bring this in:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i used to have a 1999 frontier 4x4. In its time, it was the best pickup in the local market. it changed the way the general public thought about pickup trucks. sobrang in love ako sa pick-up ko na yun! sadly, we had to part ways because the reason i bought it in the first place (utilitarian) is not applicable to my needs anymore.

now, nissan is introducing the t3. it is just the same old 1999 pickup platform with a lot of cosmetic ek-ek. for gadzooks! nissan you can do better than that!

this is a picture of my ex. i spotted it the other day when it was being fitted with new tires. mas deserving pa siya sa name na T3 TERMINATOR. hehehe!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    saw this on nissan balintawak last week. Naka titanium din ako. Grabe mas mababa ng 30k huhuhu! Nawala kasi ang fashion bar sa likod and pinalitan ng macho roof rail which i am planning to buy in the future. I think ginaya lang nila ang U.S. version ng frontier e. Pangit yun body cladding nila. Pero i like the new tail lights!
    Mas maganda ang bagong frontier ngayon sa U.S. market 04 pa ata nila pinalitan ang body concept ng frontier

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diesoline,
    ganda ng ex mo ngayon. masaya siguro yung mayari nyan ngayon. ang laki ng gulong! :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diesoline, ganda nung ex mo ngayon....hehehehe

astig....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Heres something I pulled off from nissan us and ign network, bagong pathfinder, aside sa bagong looks, linagyan na rin nila ng 3rd row seats....

Wala akong nakitang diesel version sa website (or maybe I did not look hard enough..)

Ilalabas kaya ng nissan to dito?

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aDD_L
    Heres something I pulled off from nissan us and ign network, bagong pathfinder, aside sa bagong looks, linagyan na rin nila ng 3rd row seats....

Wala akong nakitang diesel version sa website (or maybe I did not look hard enough..)

Ilalabas kaya ng nissan to dito?
    Nakita ko to sa isang NZ magazine, meron diesel version ito, 128kw ang makina, just don't know kung ano displacement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Nissan Frontier T3 eyes No. 1 ranking