The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Taena mahal ng kotse na yan hehehe!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    Yun nga! with this price 2.4l lang ang engine. halos lahat ng features ay nasa camry din . Ang lakas ng loob ng NMPI
    Actually its a 2.3 liter V6 engine.
    VQ23DE
    Max Power: 173 PS (170hp) * 6000 rpm
    Max Torque: 225 Nm * 4400 rpm

P1.88M does sound a bit high for a 2.3 liter japanese mid-size sedan, but if Toyota makes a top spec Q model with 2.4 liter engine, it would probably hit the P1.8M mark too.

Camry 3.5Q: P1.99M, P2.005M (White Pearl Mica)
    Camry 2.4V: P1.646M, P1.661M (White Pearl Mica)
    Camry 2.4G: P1.431M

Teana 2.3 standard: P1.68M
    Teana 2.3 high end: P1.88M

I guess the standard Teana for P1.68M is ok if its features are close to that of the Camry 2.4V.
    Last edited by AG4; December 13th, 2006 at 06:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Taena muna ko...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isa lang ang mas malala sa Teana and Fuga...

Nissan Livina Geniss! That's just going overboard. Sino ba nagpapangalan sa mga cars nila?

Even the Tiida sounds weird.

On staying on topic, yes, this thing is too dated and too pricey.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Geez, a "launch" that only non-automotive enthusiast will be surprised about... How in the world will they convince buyers to buy a 3-4 year old model at the same price as the newer competition grrr.

Not like as if it's cheap as well.

Oh, please don't tell me they're not changing the Taena name... It's doomed to fail MISERABLY if your car sounds like a local curse and feces term.
    Umm....pardon me pero facelift model na 'to.

It only launched in Japan last January 1. So that means that your "3-4 year old model" thing is a flawed statement because technically, this facelift model has appeared to us for around a year. Late but not for the 3-4 years as you've stated.

As for price, well it's made in Japan. You know how our government taxes Japan-CBU imports these days.

And as for the Teana name, why bother to change pa?

In fact, what you've sayed as "is doomed to fail" is only a prediciton and what you said cannot be true. Don't judge too early at this time lalo na since the car is not out yet (well, sort of).

Of course, we've seen pics pero let's not judge everything just yet. Let it come out officially and do a test drive. Although disappointed din ako na walang 3.5 V6 option with 6-speed CVT, it's still better than having to wait 2-3 more years WITHOUT getting nothing at all.

Hay, I guess some people will never be satisfied

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Ang mahal naman ng Teana.Dapat kasi dito nalang ginawa yan...
    Umm...

The Oppama factory is one of Nissan's top three factories in Japan (in terms of quality standards).

Though our factory here in Sta. Rosa is also of high-quality (tulad ng mga X-trail na gawa dito), it still doesn't stand a chance against any of the Japan factories of Nissan.

In short,

Oppama No.2 assembly line>>>Sta. Rosa Laguna line production.

Besides, the Sta. Rosa factory already has its hands full. With the introduction of a 2 litre MPV for local manufacturing next year, they won't have anymore time to retool to make the Teana locally-made.

So hihinto ang production ng lumang Cefiro, tapos ang papalit sa kanya ay ang "sekretong" 2 liter MPV sometime next year. Sentra production would still continue.

Besides, why nitpick about this? Of course mahal siya pero you get the highest Nissan quality na straight from Japan.

Look at the Previa, Pajero, Murano and the Suzuki Swift. Hindi rin sila nakaligtas from the excessive import taxes so why complain about the high price only in this particular model.

But in return, you still get Japan-made quality (which is better than even what ASEAN car factories can do).

Seriously, I guess it goes to show that beggars cannot be choosers.

Although I acknowledge na may kulang siya (lack of 3.5 V6 option, no 6-speed CVT with manual mode, lack of steering audio controls & lack of cruise control for a 1.8m vehicle), it is already a facelift vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Continued from my post:

Pre-facelift

Current facelift (06-07)

If we were to get from Yulon right now, we would be still using the pre-facelift version which means:

-No HID Xenon projector headlamps
    -no headlamp washers
    -no reverse camera
    -No LED rear tail lamps
    -No dual tailpipe
    -No improved Intelligent Key

We would be stuck with that version till the end of the year (or for two years). I'm glad that we avoided that route and went straight for the Japan-made ones (which are already face-lifted).

Which would you rather choose?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Continuation....

In fact, we should be even surprised. Bakit?

Well, we are one out of THREE markets that have LHD Teanas that are MADE IN JAPAN (includes Russia and Ukraine).

Don't believe me? Here's proof then.

Live from Soviet Russia:

They now sell the car through official Nissan dealerships. These are MADE IN JAPAN (and not the ones made by Dongfeng Nissan of China)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    And from the Ukraine:

I don't know why people seem pessimistic but to me, this is a brilliant move by NMPI. To import the model straight from the No. 2 Assembly line in Nissan's Oppama factory in Japan is something to get excited about.

All in all, I forsee this as a better choice. I also expect a slight tariff cut next year (1% tariff cut). So, this won't be a problem.

Hope to see NMPI bring in a few more Japan-built CBUs in the future (like the next Elgrand for 2008/2009 :P)

EDIT:

I just realized kanina na TATLO pala yung version na tinitinda sa Russia at Ukraine.

Complete lineup:

-200JK - 2.0 Elegance (QR20DE NEO engine)
    -230JM - 2.3 Luxury (VQ23DE NEO engine)
    -350JM - 3.5 Premium (VQ35DE NEO engine)
    Last edited by Blackraven; December 14th, 2006 at 12:39 AM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Nissan finally introduces the Teana sedan! (well, sort of)