New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    need some help or advice guys.. i have a 2002 nissan exalta grandeur, the car is perfectly running until suddenly it just won't start, the engine is still cranking pero ayaw talaga magstart. so i checked on the following:

1. gas - good
    2. fuel pump and injectors - good (since i tested it in my brother's sentra)
    3. battery and spark plugs - good

one thing i noticed when i test the injectors is that fuel won't pass thru during cranking/starting, seems that it remains closed. i also tested for electric supply in injector sockets and its all good.

any suggestions? recommendations? or someone that can help me fix this? TIA

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I suggest you bring it to Nissan to run a CONSULT on it. This has happened to me twice. First was caused by a busted immobilizer. Second was a dead crankshaft sensor.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks sir, can you give me an idea how much it cost for both problems?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Any error cam, crank and crank position sensor will cause a no start problem (no fuel coming from the injectors). Better to have it scanned nag to know which sensor. 1k++ usually ang engine scan. The sensors are quite expensive sa casa. IIRC, its almost 4k yata each.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by danieyoyo View Post
    thanks sir, can you give me an idea how much it cost for both problems?
    In 2009/2010, I paid around 8k+ for the immobilizer plus labor.

Sensors are around 4k each.

Consult is 2k.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1ck5h07 View Post
    In 2009/2010, I paid around 8k+ for the immobilizer plus labor.

Sensors are around 4k each.

Consult is 2k.

thanks sir.. bigat pala.. plus towing to casa pa yan

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    probably immobilizer nga yan. happened to me with my 2001 grandeur around 3 years ago. saang area ka ba ser? before, my mechanic was able to find a contact from nissan who brought the scanner to my mechanic's shop, so mas mura yun than having to tow the car to the casa. spent roughly 15-18K total i think for this. they changed the key + immobilizer chip (sold separately), and the ignition switch with immobilizer (where you put the key in to start the car). was able to find all the parts only at nissan north edsa that time.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Check Distributor Assy, baka may mga langis na. Check also Crank Position Sensor and Starter baka madumi na.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^Wala na yata distributor yung 02 n16 body.

I have an engine scanner. Maybe if you are within Manila area I could check it out.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is it possible to disconnect the immobilizer, so that the car can be used like any ordinary car...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast