New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    mga sir what can you say about 2000-2001 nissan exalta sta? overall performance, ano mga usually nagwweardown na parts? i was planning to choose this car from my other choices. pls give me info about this car, i know hindi nmn mabilis na car yun pero mas gus2 ko comfort than speed eh. aside from the electronics ano p dapat tignan? ok kc mababa resale value nya since buyer ako. thanks in advance mga bro

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    tsaka mga bro ano sa tingin nyo ung nissan sentra gts? yung pormado na, ok din b e2? consumption kaya? again thanks in advance

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Ayus naman yun Nissan Exalta STA, sarap ng ride nyan. Make sure the car is in good condition before buying it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    thanks bro, any idea sa consumption? sa mga nadidinig ko nga ok daw tlga ang exalta

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Chris View Post
    mga sir what can you say about 2000-2001 nissan exalta sta? overall performance, ano mga usually nagwweardown na parts? i was planning to choose this car from my other choices. pls give me info about this car, i know hindi nmn mabilis na car yun pero mas gus2 ko comfort than speed eh. aside from the electronics ano p dapat tignan? ok kc mababa resale value nya since buyer ako. thanks in advance mga bro
    yup. ok yang exalta sta... lalo na kung black yung color.... ;) an officemate owns one, and its a great ride.

consumption is around 9k/l.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by honismitoy View Post
    Ayus naman yun Nissan Exalta STA, sarap ng ride nyan. Make sure the car is in good condition before buying it.
    agree with them bro. exalta sta kasi ang high end ng sentra nung time na yan kaya expect mo yung comfort na mabibigay nya.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    bsta ok ang maintenance ng previous owner.. 2nd hand ba? pero to tell you the truth d ko gs2 exalta my mom drives one.. sa comfort pa lng talo na.. everytime gingawa ko driver ng mom ko sumasakit likod ko.. i dunno y.. o sanay lng ako sa civic ko..hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's because the seat cushions are too soft.

There are three ways a seat cushion can be built:

1. Too hard: The new Civic has lower-back supports that are too hard and force your back into an uncomfortable angle when you're driving long distances. Mostly affects the overweight...

2. Too soft: The Exaltas cushions are very soft and pliable, which makes them comfortable short distance, but over time, you start to sink in, and the soft cushions won't support your back properly. This gives you backaches if you're driving long distance or in traffic. Mostly affects the overweight (again)...

3. Just right: The older Civics and the Lynx have this: It's just hard enough to keep your back upright, but soft enough to allow you to settle in.

-----

For the Exalta, it helps to have a lower-back pillow to make up for the lack of lumbar support.

-----

Exaltas are nice and comfortable cars. The seats are soft, the suspension is soft, and the aircon is topnotch. But you have to really scrutinize the condition of secondhand cars.

The engine should be okay (good one, that), but check that the automatic doesn't slur or jerk. Check the automatic transmission fluid for signs of contamination.

The suspension might need some repair by now (old car... if we're talking the STA...)... if the previous owner has done it, okay yun. If not, get some gas shocks for that thing. The suspension is soft and bouncy as stock, but it shouldn't be too bouncy. But then, these are the same things you should look out for on any seven year old car.

The aircon and alternator are danger points to look out for. Due to the amount of electronics on the Exalta, the alternator is a vulnerable point.

The interior trim is lightweight and easily damaged if the owner was careless. The beige leather needs lots of care and gets dirty easily. There are a lot of electronic items that can go haywire over time (especially the alarm and power windows... hehehe). But if there are no major problems with the unit, consider yourself lucky and go for it... it's the ultimate circa-2000 pimpmobile.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

nissan exalta sta feedback