New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Plss... help to find cylinder nissan sentra 1993 nag warp na kc e pero bago palang reface.. sa machine. pero overheat parin tapos ang ang lakas ng vibrations. ng kotse ko.. i think something bad happen with my engine.
    pls. give me advice wat to do ... buy ba ako new cylinder head how much it will cost.. me? ..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Plss... help to find cylinder nissan sentra 1993 nag warp na kc e pero bago palang reface.. sa machine. pero overheat parin tapos ang ang lakas ng vibrations. ng kotse ko.. i think something bad happen with my engine.
    pls. give me advice wat to do ... buy ba ako new cylinder head how much it will cost.. me? ..
    Bagong reface?... are you sure mechaniko talaga yung nag kabit ng heads mo?

Was it torqued properly in sequence?...

I don't know if I can fix that without removing the head. Naghalo ba yung langis sa tubig?... check the radiator for some signs of oil with the water... normally, magkukulay gatas ito... or check the dipstick.

Nag freeze ba or nag stuck up yung engine mo?...

all small details will help in assessing the problem.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The B13 SuperSaloon and SE Saloon came with the GA16DE fuel injected engine.
    The LEC version comes with the standard GA13 Carburated engine.
    The JX comes with the GA14 carburated engine.

KUNG KAYA PA GASTUSAN TOP OVERHAUL (mag-seek ka ng help dito sa forum saan mas maganda at reliable) alam mo automatic dapat mag-adjust yung cylinder KUNG TAMA PAG-GRIND.

Then, KUNG CARBURATED ENGINE YAN, pa-carburator cleaning mo sa mekaniko (hindi yung ini-spray ha, cleaning talaga) at magpalit ka na ng CARBURATOR REPAIR KIT, mura lang yun around P500, kung may budget pa sama mo na fuel tank cleaning at change fuel/air filter.

PERO LAHAT NG SINABI NI *ehnriko TAMA, DAPAT DETELYADO PROBLEMS MO AT SUNDIN MO MUNA MGA PAYO NIYA, I-CHECK MO LAHAT YUN

(afte magawa ang sasakyan mo, start mo, try mo hugutin at ibalik agad, one after the other, yung mga spark plug, dapat pag hugot parang hihina yung engine, ... try mo din ngayon kung gumagana pa oto mo, pag wala fluctuation wala sa ayos engine mo, not the spark plug ha)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd advise going for a new cylinder head or even searching for a whole new engine. try looking for shops who do engine swaps and look for those who swapped their GA16 engines for SR20s.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would also suggest replacing the entire motor instead of trying to fix it. Getting a good running GA16DE motor installed would be simpler and quicker.

BTW, I used to have a B13 sentra with GA16DE. I overheated my engine three times. The engine never developed a defect due to the overheating events. One time I drove from Monumento to San Juan while nursing the overheating engine all the way through EDSA afternoon traffic.

I would suggest to stay away from upgrading to a SR20 engine unless you want the headache and additional costs of getting axels, etc.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    * ghosthunter, ako si nissan california sa kabilng thread, it seems na very familiar ka sa B13, may na-quote ako sa internet:

Which model has economy and a little above-average performance? May idea ka ba (or other tsikot members may reply) sa current surplus price ng B13 engine? salamat...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    [quote=ehnriko;1345360]Bagong reface?... are you sure mechaniko talaga yung nag kabit ng heads mo?

Was it torqued properly in sequence?...

I don't know if I can fix that without removing the head. Naghalo ba yung langis sa tubig?... check the radiator for some signs of oil with the water... normally, magkukulay gatas ito... or check the dipstick.

Nag freeze ba or nag stuck up yung engine mo?...

all small details will help in assessing the problem.[/quote

Ok thanks a lot for your advice. actually my car nissan sentra 1993 eccs.
    start ng problem ko medyo mainggay lang yung engine ko tapos pinacheck ng sister ko sa ka killa niya mekaniko daw. and they found out mga valve daw.. dinala daw sa machine shop. after that. ang bilis uminit ng car ko.nagoverheat.. 1st time cya nag overheat and then inayos ulit. they found out nag warp na ung cylinder head ng engine. they suggest to Reface it my cylinderhead . pero nagoverheat parin... and then they replace water pump..nag overheat parin ang lakas ng vibration ng car ko. and ang hirap i start ng engine . and something worst bkt tinangal yung thermostat ko and mga fan ko directa na agad i ask the mechanic sabi nya para daw hindi uminit. e pero still nagoverheat parin sus...ang hirap istart ng car. kaya i believe something really bad happen with my car..it cost me 20taw for nothing...pag nareface na ba yung cylinder head pwede pab? e reface ulit. o buy naku new cylinder head ? how long ba warrant if new reface ang cyclinder head..pls....help.. para mabudget ko.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looking at what your mechanic did (i.e. removed thermostat, recommended adjusting the valves, etc.), its better to look for another mechanic since it seems he's quite lost on your engine.

First and foremost, the valves of the GA16DE cannot be adjusted without changing the shims as these are auto-adjust valves. Secondly, chances are the clatter/noise you were hearing would be the timing chain or its tensioners.

The way things are, its seems better to change your engine.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerineX View Post
    * ghosthunter, ako si nissan california sa kabilng thread, it seems na very familiar ka sa B13, may na-quote ako sa internet:

Which model has economy and a little above-average performance? May idea ka ba (or other tsikot members may reply) sa current surplus price ng B13 engine? salamat...
    The GA16DE gives a good balance of economy and performance as long as you drive it lightly and smoothly.

As for the surplus prices, given the sudden demand, the prices seems to have doubled in recent days as compared to typical prices. Before, you can get a GA16DE for P15K complete. But I would think it would cost twice that these days.

For more info on the engines: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GA_engine

Since we are talking surplus, you might find a few other variants like the GA14DE and GA15DE. These were not used in the locally sold cars so you might a hard time getting specific parts if something breaks.

The GA14 and GA13 carburated engines were sold locally but with the E10 gasoline law, it might be better to stick with the EFI engines.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 26th, 2009 at 02:34 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Ok thanks a lot for your advice. actually my car nissan sentra 1993 eccs.

start ng problem ko medyo mainggay lang yung engine ko tapos pinacheck ng sister ko sa ka killa niya mekaniko daw. and they found out mga valve daw.. dinala daw sa machine shop. after that. ang bilis uminit ng car ko.nagoverheat.. 1st time cya nag overheat and then inayos ulit. they found out nag warp na ung cylinder head ng engine. they suggest to Reface it my cylinderhead . pero nagoverheat parin... and then they replace water pump..nag overheat parin ang lakas ng vibration ng car ko. and ang hirap i start ng engine . and something worst bkt tinangal yung thermostat ko and mga fan ko directa na agad i ask the mechanic sabi nya para daw hindi uminit. e pero still nagoverheat parin sus...ang hirap istart ng car. kaya i believe something really bad happen with my car..it cost me 20taw for nothing...pag nareface na ba yung cylinder head pwede pab? e reface ulit. o buy naku new cylinder head ? how long ba warrant if new reface ang cyclinder head..pls....help.. para mabudget ko.
    I once encountered a similar problem... first of all, those thermostats are there for a reason. You need the engine to reach WORKING OPERATIONAL TEMPERATURE as fast as it can as soon as you start up your car. THe Thermostat makes this possible by keeping the cool water from recirculating or mixing up with the warm up water in the block. As soon as the water in engine block hits the temperature rating of the thermostat, the thermostat valve opens up since it is pushed naturally by the built up pressure of heat from the warmed up water, this opening of the valve allows the cooler water from the radiator to reciculate freely with the warm water to stabilize the engine temprature to the right level... normally between 65 to 80 deg. C. Some cars have 90 deg. C. WOT.

The removal of this part will keep your engine anything but normal.

Since it is over heating all the time... there are some possible culprits other than a blocked water passage.

You need to do this first basic test.

Run your engine while it is cold... if it starts - check if the water in the radiator is moving - since there is no thermostat na... you should see the water running or building up or something... it should have some activity. If not, then - there is a problem.

since you have hard starting issues, It makes me suspect that the engine is not timed in correctly. This overheating problem also happens with engine with too much advance timing settings. Advanced timing normally are hard to start, since the firing takes place too early before the piston reaches the power stroke or TDC (top dead Center). This means, that meron ng sunog sa loob ng cylinder bago pa itong piston makaakyat sa taas ng cylinder head... meaning, instead na magaang istart, kumokontra at merong resistance pag crank nito. It also means that - there is more flame dwelling in the chamber than the delayed timing condition. This adds up to overheating problems. ANg advantage lang ng advance timing is when you have lower octane fuel, parang mas matulin ang takbo sa rekta. Pero medyo hirap sa low end power. Kelangan makabwelo yung makina mo.

Since mukhang pulpul yung mekaniko na humawak nito, I suspect nawala sa timing itong makina mo. MEron ba silang ginagamit na timing light para makita yung timing mark pag andar nung engine?

Try mo muna ipakapa ang timing - then suggest to make it around 10 deg. BTDC (Before Top Dead Center)...

Before you spend more. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by ehnriko; October 26th, 2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need Help!.Overheat my car natamaan headcylinder