New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    In case you're considering on changing your engine, I already did. It cost me 27T plus (last 2007). One thing good that happened in my case is that, changing the engine comes with changing the ECU, compressor and alternator. Its all surplus though but I dont think its not a bad bargain since in my old engine, there are already speculations that my initial problem was caused by both ECU and engine. Then, when my engine eventually knocked, I didnt bother fixing it. Had it replaced readily. Now, it had been more than 2 years and my car is still in good condition.

Hope this helps

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [quote=Byron;1350056]
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    Bagong reface?... are you sure mechaniko talaga yung nag kabit ng heads mo?

Was it torqued properly in sequence?...

I don't know if I can fix that without removing the head. Naghalo ba yung langis sa tubig?... check the radiator for some signs of oil with the water... normally, magkukulay gatas ito... or check the dipstick.

Nag freeze ba or nag stuck up yung engine mo?...

all small details will help in assessing the problem.[/quote

Ok thanks a lot for your advice. actually my car nissan sentra 1993 eccs.
    start ng problem ko medyo mainggay lang yung engine ko tapos pinacheck ng sister ko sa ka killa niya mekaniko daw. and they found out mga valve daw.. dinala daw sa machine shop. after that. ang bilis uminit ng car ko.nagoverheat.. 1st time cya nag overheat and then inayos ulit. they found out nag warp na ung cylinder head ng engine. they suggest to Reface it my cylinderhead . pero nagoverheat parin... and then they replace water pump..nag overheat parin ang lakas ng vibration ng car ko. and ang hirap i start ng engine . and something worst bkt tinangal yung thermostat ko and mga fan ko directa na agad i ask the mechanic sabi nya para daw hindi uminit. e pero still nagoverheat parin sus...ang hirap istart ng car. kaya i believe something really bad happen with my car..it cost me 20taw for nothing...pag nareface na ba yung cylinder head pwede pab? e reface ulit. o buy naku new cylinder head ? how long ba warrant if new reface ang cyclinder head..pls....help.. para mabudget ko.
    i have a sentra series 3. my first encounter with overheating, was when that little rubber hose hiding under the manifold developed a leak. my second encounter was when my auxiliary fans died. but i still am lucky. my engine hadn't warped. i agree with them. repairing a warped head or engine may be ... difficult. get a surplus engine replacement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need Help!.Overheat my car natamaan headcylinder