New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    CVT ba ang FX?
    Nope, auto trans na 5 speed shiftable. you should also see the self locking rear hatch.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para bang CVT dahil sa seamless shifting.

5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode and Downshift Rev Matching
    amf, may rev-matching pa!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *sigh* I was advising my cousin to get an FX35 instead of the Chevy Tahoe he eventually got... mas pogi naman, and more in line with his image as an up and coming young gun than that ancient old SUV...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    yep the FX35 is one handsome SUV, only drawback the rear compartment is really small. very likely 5 luggages for 5 people won't fit in. and one more thing the suspension its a little bit hard for my taste if they had installed a softer suspension setup, hell I would've placed a DP on the 2006 model.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    the 2003s are the ones with the harder suspension, infiniti soften it for later gen. i find my 2003 firm, and i dont even have the sport suspension. plus you can only get the sport suspension that time with the 20 inch wheels instead of the standard 18s. i did try a sport package and find it ok for me, but too firm for family rides.

the cargo area is indeed very small vs other suvs, esp since the spare tire is placed under the cargo floor. at least it works for me (less shopping, cargo for the wife). i think it was a fair compromize, the passenger area is quite generous.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I was trying to sell it to him as more of an executive sedan with height than a do-everything SUV. He usually rides alone in the back with a driver and a bodyguard... and often times, he takes the wheel. He used to drive a Durango, as it was the sportiest SUV here in the Philippines at the time. I was trying to convince him to go for a US-only Japanese SUV, like the FX35 or an Acura.

It would have been more "maangas" than the relatively common Lincoln Navigators and Cadillac Escalades I see around here.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    is your cousin in the Phil or US, coz if he is in the Phil getting an FX35 would not be a good idea. its WIDE and difficult to go bumper to bumper day in and day out, or should I say expensive if it gets dinged by jeeps and taxis.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Expensive for dings, maybe... but the 35 version should be serviceable at Nissan dealerships.

Since their other rides are an E150, an Escalade and a Navigator, I don't think size would bother them that much. :lol:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    how much will it cost him to get one there? im curious. if he requires lots of cargo space or comfy ride, he wont like the fx at all.

also, he might not like all the attention the car might get. im not exaggerating, but ive been approached, talked to, even chased by people back in 2003 when i got it. im just glad it was usually people wanting to ask about the ride, and i happen to be familiar with it already. its just something i never expected. it still happens almost about twice a month

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm thinking it might cost within 3-4 million pesos. I've seen gray market Armadas (those are huge mofos of an SUV) and Hummer H2s at 5 million.

I was considering it for him as an image builder. As per your experience, it definitely stands out from the crowd, right? They got a Navigator and an Escalade to be kind of different. But he just went ahead and bought a more "pedestrian" SUV, a Tahoe... merely because their taste of the Escalade told him he'd like the space of the Tahoe (they're practically the same, minus a few million pesos worth of bells and whistles).

They went the opposite way for image-enhancing... after the SUV phase, they went straight to European Luxury Sports Sedans (XJR and a 7-series). :lol: ...oh well. I wish I had their money problems... I could do with a new house. :p
    Last edited by niky; February 4th, 2006 at 05:19 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Infiniti FX45 video clip